Last Updated on July 12, 2016 by Ed Joven
How to cook the famous Lechon Manok
Litson Manok or Lechon Manok Recipe is a juicy whole chicken roasted or cooked on a rotisserie. This Filipino dish is an all-time favorite for most Pinoy and is commonly served on birthdays and special holidays like Christmas or New year. Lechon manok doesn’t really pick specific time or occasions, it is readily available anytime you want, you can easily buy a whole serving anywhere in the Philippines.
The is probably the best Litson Manok or Lechon Manok Recipe, try this Filipino Recipes Portal – PinoyRecipe.net version and we assure you that you will love it. It’s best to give time for marinating so that the flavor melds together. Serve it with Mang Tomas lechon sauce.
Lechon Manok Ingredients
- 1 kilo dressed whole chicken
- 1 8 oz Sprite or 7up
- 3 tbsp of white or brown sugar
- 3-5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp of lemon or calamansi juice
- 1 thumb size ginger, sliced
- 1 or 2 stalks of lemon grass (tanglad)
- ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
Litson Manok Cooking Instructions:
- Marinate the whole chicken in Sprite or 7up, soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, ginger, onions, pepper and sugar for an hour or more. To get the best result we suggest to marinate the chicken overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Stuffed the Chicken cavity with the following lemon grass tied together, garlic, bay leaves and Peppers.
- Inject the marinade mix unto the inside of the chicken.
- Rub the chicken’s skin with butter, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Finally, roast the chicken for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown.
- While roasting brush the chicken’s skin, with butter.
- Serve hot with Mang Tomas lechon sauce.
Here’s the ready to serve Lechon Manok recipe
Please let us know your feedback about this famous Filipino Litson Manok Recipe