Last Updated on July 28, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Chicken Asado
Chicken Asado Recipe – It’s pretty understandable why a lot of people tend to get easily confuse Chicken Asado with Chicken Afritada.
To begin with, both are Pinoy-style chicken stew, and both use tomato sauce. The main difference? Well, Afritada is cooked using a variety of ingredients such as bell pepper, carrots, green peas, potatoes, sausages, and more. Asado, on the other hand, is comparably a lot less complicated to prepare. It only requires a few ingredients, such as tomatoes, onions, and garlic.
Those from Pampanga and Bulacan have their way, albeit strikingly similar, of cooking this recipe. Both provinces have also embraced the favorite dish as one of their specialties. Nowadays, Asado is being served not only in many Filipino homes but even in neighborhood Karinderias and classy restaurants.
Again, this food only requires little preparation, and you can find most ingredients in your kitchen. If you are a busy person, this can be a quick idea for your family’s lunch or dinner.
What makes Chicken Asado desirable is its brilliant taste that effectively combines sweet, sour, and salty flavors. It’s also rich in potassium, sodium, carbohydrates and Vitamin C.
So without further ado, grab your cooking gear and let’s start stirring!
Chicken Asado Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Chicken Asado Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken leg part, choice cuts
- 3 medium sized potatoes cut into quarter
- 4 tablespoons calamansi or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup Canola cooking oil
- Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper to the chicken, then rub the ingredients and leave it for about 20 minutes.
- Apply heat in a frying pan, pour the Canola cooking oil, then fry the chicken. When all the chicken slices are cooked, set aside.
- In a separate frying pan, apply heat and melt the butter.
- When the butter is fully melted, add and saute the onions until it becomes soft.
- Add the bay leaves and saute for a minute.
- Pour the tomato sauce, stir, then bring to a boil.
- When it started to boil, add the soy sauce, then stir.
- Add the sliced potatoes.
- Add the calamnsi juice and stir.
- Cover the frying pan and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the pan fried chicken slices, then mix the chicken to the sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- When the potato is already soft turn off the heat and serve while its hot.
Chicken Asado Recipe is rich in potassium and taste really delicious, it has a combine sweet, sour, and salty flavors.
Filipino Favorite Chicken Recipes: