Last Updated on March 3, 2023 by Ed Joven
How to cook Chicken Tinola
Chicken Tinola Recipe is a nutritious dish and one of the authentic Filipino recipes, and it is one of a kind among Asian dishes. It is simmered for quite a time to bring out the natural flavors of chicken, ginger, and other ingredients. Eventually, this gives off a pleasant aroma that dominates one’s senses.
Chicken Tinola is best served with rice during cold and rainy seasons. However, it eventually becomes a highlight since it provides a warming effect. More so, the soup of Chicken Tinola Recipe is a good and delightful option for sick individuals. This is because it contains the essential nutrients that the body needs during the recuperation process.
In this recipe, we added tomatoes to saute the chicken, and this process will seal in the taste of the chicken, making it more delicious. So give it a try, you will surely love it.
We also have another version of this delicious soup, the Tinolang Manok with Malunggay Recipe.
Ingredients and Procedure of Chicken Tinola:
Chicken Tinola Recipe
- 3/4 kilo Chicken drumstick cut
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small onion peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 thumb-sized fresh ginger
- 1 cup tomato sliced
- 2 pcs chicken cubes
- 5 cups water
- 1 small green papaya cut into 2-inch wedges
- 2 cups fresh Siling Labuyo leaves
- 2 bunch of Lemongrass
- 3 pcs finger chili
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- In a large pan, heat oil and saute' garlic, onion, and ginger and cook until ginger is fragrant.
- Add tomato slices and cook for 3 minutes then add chicken.
- When the chicken turned brown, add water and lemongrass.
- Bring to a boil, skimming scum that floats on top.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is almost done.
- Add 1 chicken cube.
- Add papaya and Siling Haba ( chili ) and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until papaya softens but not overcooked.
- Taste test and add another 1 chicken cube (optional).
- Add Chilli leaves, season with Patis and simmer for another 2 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Serve steaming hot with plain rice.
Chicken Tinola or Classic Tinolang Manok is a nutritious dish best served with rice during cold and rainy seasons.
Try these traditional Filipino Chicken Recipes:
- Arroz Caldo Recipe
- Tinolang Manok with Malunggay Recipe
- Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe
- Kadyos Manok Ubad Recipe
- Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup Recipe
- Chicken Binakol Recipe
- Sinampalukang Manok Recipe