How to cook Chicken Tinola
Chicken Tinola Recipe is a nutritious dish and one of the authentic Filipino recipes and it is one of a kind among Asian dishes. It is simmered for quite a time to bring out the natural flavors of chicken, ginger and other ingredients. Eventually, this gives off a pleasant aroma that dominates one’s senses.
Chicken Tinola is best served with rice during cold and rainy seasons. It eventually becomes a highlight since it provides a warming effect. More so, the soup of Chicken Tinola Recipe is a good and delightful option for sick individuals. It contains the essential nutrients that the body needs during the recuperation process.
In this recipe we added tomatoes in sauteing the chicken, this process will seal-in the taste of the chicken making it more delicious. Give it a try you will surely love it. We also another version of this delicious soup, the Tinolang Manok with Malunggay Recipe.
Chicken Tinola Ingredients:
- 1 kilo Chicken drumstick choice cuts
- 1 small young papaya, cut into small pieces.
- 2 tablespoons ginger, crushed and sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup Chili leaves
- 1 liter of water
- 3 siling haba ( chili )
- 1-2 stalk lemongrass
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 pieces of tomatoes small sized, sliced ( optional )
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons patis (fish sauce)
Chicken Tinola Cooking Instructions:
- In a large pan, heat oil and saute’ garlic, onion, tomatoes, chicken and ginger.
- When the tomatoes are cooked add water and lemongrass.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken is almost done.
- Season with patis or salt.
- Add papaya and Siling Haba ( chili ) and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until papaya softens but not overcooked.
- Add Chilli leaves then turn off the heat.
- Serve steaming hot with plain rice.
Here’s the delicious Chicken Tinola recipe
Chicken Tinola Recipe is best served with rice during cold and rainy seasons.