Last Updated on
How to cook Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup
Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup Recipe is a comfort food and perfect when on a nice cold rainy day or when you’re not feeling well . Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup or popularly known as Sopas, came from the Hispanic word SOPAS, meaning soup. This is a soup dish that we Filipinos have come to own even though macaroni is practically Italian.
Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup is a delicious creamy soup that is usually served during breakfast snacks. There are many variations in the recipe, different from every region in the Philippines but it usually contains chicken cut into cubes or chicken strips with chicken broth, onions, vegetables such as carrots, cabbage and celery, elbow macaroni noodles and evaporated milk to give it a richer creamy flavor.
Try and enjoy this Filipino Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup.
Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 pieces chicken breast fillet
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 pcs regular hotdog, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, cut into half-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 chicken broth cube for added taste
- 6 cups water
Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup Cooking Instructions:
- Place chicken in a saucepan, add water, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Take chicken out of the water and set aside.
While the water in the saucepan is still boiling, add the macaroni. Simmer for 10-12 minutes, adding in the carrots and celery in the last 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the macaroni to cook, cut the chicken into cubes or tear into shreds using two forks.
- In a skillet, melt the butter then sauté the garlic, onion, hotdog, and chicken.
- When the chicken have slightly browned, add the red bell pepper and sauté all the ingredients in the skillet together for another minute.
- Transfer all the ingredients in the skillet carefully into the saucepan.
- Add milk and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For more flavor, add one chicken broth cube and stir until dissolved.
- Serve hot.
Creamy Macaroni Chicken Soup Recipe is a delicious creamy soup that is usually served during breakfast or snacks.