How to make Thai Fresh Spring Rolls
Many delectable Asian cuisines are well-loved by most Filipinos. And some of our traditional dishes are actually influenced by them. Now here is a popular Asian cuisine dish and an all-time favorite food in Thailand. It is the Thai Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe preparing these is very easy.
These spring rolls are healthier than the deep-fried version since it is low in calories and fat. It’s like having a salad on the go. It has an excellent combination of crunchy veggies like carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, and green onions placed inside the rice wrap along with glass rice noodles, chicken, and shrimp.
Thai Fresh Spring Rolls is usually served as an appetizer, though it can also be a main course or a great afternoon snack.
Try making this Thai Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe this is a quick process and absolutely fun to do.
Thai Fresh Spring Rolls Ingredients and Procedure:
Thai Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe
- 1 pack round and dried rice wrappers, small size
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Sotanghon noodles, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup Tuna spicy, sliced into matchsticks size
- 2 cups Togue bean sprouts (optional)
- 1/2 cup Thai basil fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 4 pcs spring onions, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
TAMARIND DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. Tamarind (Sampalok) paste
- 2 Teaspoon White sugar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon (heaping) Cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tablespoon water
- 1 Red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced in small pieces
To make the Tamarind Dipping Sauce (optional):
- Mix all dipping sauce ingredients together in a saucepan and heat.
- When near boiling, reduce heat to low, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Taste for saltiness, spiciness, and sweetness, adding more fish sauce (instead of salt), more sugar, or more chili as desired.
Note: the sauce can be served warm or cold.
To make the Thais Fresh Spring Rolls:
- Using a cup, mix together the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and fish sauce .
- Use a large mixing bowl then combine all the other ingredients of the Thai fresh spring rolls then drizzle soy sauce mixture over and toss it to mix.
- Use another large bow and fill it with hot water.
- Submerge one wrapper to the warm water, it will soften in 30 seconds.
- Remove wrapper then set aside on a clean surface and add another wrapper to the warm water .
- Put-in a tablespoon full of Thai fresh spring roll ingredients to the bottom of wrapper.
- Spread horizontally the placed Thai roll ingredients in a Lumpia / Roll shape.
- To close the wrapper, fold the sides over the ingredients, then tuck the bottom around.
Also Try this Lumpiang Togue Recipe:
Making this Thai Fresh Spring Rolls is incredibly fun to wrap when you get creative with our food. They are healthy and look impressive but are surprisingly easy to make.