How to make Thai Fresh Spring Rolls
There are many delectable Asian cuisine that are well-loved by most Filipinos and some of our traditional dishes are actually influenced by them. Now here is a popular Asian dish and an all-time favorite food in Thailand it is the Thai Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe preparing these is very easy. These spring rolls are healthier than the deep-fried version, since it is low in calories and fat, it’s like having a salad on the go.
Thai Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe is usually served as an appetizer, though it can also be a main course or a great afternoon snack too. It has an excellent combination of crunchy veggies like carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, and green onions placed inside the rice wrap along with glass rice noodles, chicken and shrimp.
Try making this Thai Fresh Spring Rolls Recipe this is a quick process and absolutely fun to do.
Thai Fresh Spring Rolls Ingredients
- 1 packed round and dried rice wrappers, small size
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Sotanghon noodles, cooked and drained
- 3/4 cup Tuna (spicy), sliced into matchsticks size
- 2 cups Togue (bean sprouts – optional)
- 1/2 cup Thai basil (fresh), chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 4 spring onions, cut into small pieces
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
TAMARIND DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp. Tamarind(Sampalok) paste
- 2 Teaspoon White sugar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 heaping Teaspoon Cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tablespoon water
- 1 Red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, sliced in small pieces
Thai Fresh Spring Rolls Instructions:
To make the Tamarind Dipping Sauce (optional):
- Mix all dipping sauce ingredients together in a saucepan and heat.
- When near boiling, reduce heat to low, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Taste for saltiness, spiciness, and sweetness, adding more fish sauce (instead of salt), more sugar, or more chili as desired.
Note: the sauce can be served warm or cold.
To make the Thais Fresh Spring Rolls:
- Using a cup, mix together the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and fish sauce .
- Use a large mixing bowl then combine all the other ingredients of the Thai fresh spring rolls then drizzle soy sauce mixture over and toss it to mix.
- Use another large bow and fill it with hot water.
- Submerge one wrapper to the warm water, it will soften in 30 seconds.
- Remove wrapper then set aside on a clean surface and add another wrapper to the warm water .
- Put-in a tablespoon full of Thai fresh spring roll ingredients to the bottom of wrapper.
- Spread horizontally the placed Thai roll ingredients in a Lumpia / Roll shape.
- To close the wrapper, fold the sides over the ingredients, then tuck the bottom around.
- To secure Thai fresh spring roll, Wet your fingers with water then press on all sides of it.
- Serve in a platter with the dipping sauce.