Sinigang na Manok or Sinampalukang Manok Recipe is one of the oldest traditional recipes in the Philippines. It is a flavorful soup, which had a sour broth. It is made of Chicken cooked with tamarind and vegetables.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Sinigang na Manok or Sinampalukang Manok Ingredients
- 1/2 kg chicken cut up in serving pieces[singlepic id=378 w=240 h=180 float=right]
- 2 25g sachets MAGGI Sinigang sa Sampalok with Gabi for (easy preparation) or use 5 to 6 pcs medium tamarind
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup tomato quartered
- 1/2 cup onion quartered
- 1/4 kg camansi fruit sliced (2 cups)
- 1 cup kangkong leaves
- 1 tb Patis (fish sauce)
- 3 pcs long green chili
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
Sinigang na Manok or Sinampalukang Manok Cooking Instructions:
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a pot and boil over low flame until meat is tender, adding more water if necessary.
- 2. Add in rest of the ingredients, cooking 2 minutes between each addition.
- 3. Stir in MAGGI Singang sa Samapalok with Gabi. Add fish sauce.
- 4. Serve hot with rice
- Calories: 167
- Carbohydrates (g): 6
- Protein (g): 20
- Fats (g): 7
Sinigang na Manok or Sinampalukang Manok Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Soup RecipesTake stock with 199 of the best soups.
You'll find a surprising number of ways to stir up hearty kettles of soup that will warm you inside and out.
The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook - Rev: 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings, and More, froRice cookers are perfect for how we cook today: Versatile and convenient, they have one-button technology, don’t take up too much counter space, and... Read More >
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Bagnet Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>