How to make Mango Float
Mango Float Recipe is easy to make and very delicious Filipino dessert, a big hit during Christmas and New Year celebration. Mango float are my family’s favorite dessert and the ingredients are not expensive.
Mango Float dessert can be made with two layers of filling or three depending on the size of your baking pan. In this preparation we used a smaller glass baking dish so we can make 3 layers, and with the glass you can see the pretty layers.
Try this Pinoy Recipe version of Mango Float Recipe this summer season or in whatever gatherings you have with your family and friends.
- 3 large ripe mangoes, sliced
- 1 cup whipping cream, (chilled & whipped until doubled in size) or 1 box (200g) Frosty Whip Cream Powder, whipped according to package
- 1 (250ml) nestle all-purpose cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 pack graham crackers
Watch How to make Mango Float:
Mango Float preparations Instructions:
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish glass or any similar container and set aside.
- Wash mangoes, cut both sides off the pit, peel and slice the flesh thinly. Don’t throw the pit, scrape the flesh and reserve.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the cream until light and double in size. Add in chilled all-purpose cream, condensed milk, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and mix until well combine. At this point you can taste test your cream and adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
- Divide the whipped cream mixture into 3 parts, so you can have a 3-layer mango float.
- To assemble the mango float, first you have to arrange graham crackers in your baking dish. Lay the crackers flat and even until you cover the whole bottom of the pan. Use scissors or sharp knife to trim the crackers, if needed.
- Pour 1 part of the cream mixture at the top of crackers and spread evenly.
- Top with mango slices and add reserve scraped mangoes.
- Place another layer of graham crackers and repeat process until you have 3 layers, ending with cream and sliced mangoes on top. Don’t throw extra graham crumbs, crushed it finely & dust it on top of your mango float.
- Chill for 8 hours or overnight to set completely before serving.
Enjoy this Mango Float Recipe with your family this summer season.
Other Popular Filipino Desserts:
Published : December 11, 2011
Updated : March 28, 2015 Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: