Arroz Valenciana Recipe, is a typical Latin American dish their version is called Arroz a la Valenciana for Spain and Arroz Valenciana in Portugal the Pinoy version is called Arroz Valenciana.
Arroz Valenciana is fondly dubbed as Poor Man’s PAELLA, since arroz a la paella has more lavish ingredients compared with Valenciana. The major differences between the two is, the manner of preparation and special ingredients. That is all to it. The Valenciana is basically stove-top cooking whereas, paella is more of baking. The latter uses wine for a flavorful Spanish rice dish and a lot of seafood ingredients.
Arroz Valenciana is great for Christmas, Fiestas, weddings, birthdays, and family get-together, you can also find this dish in many karinderia or turo-turo stores in the Philippines. It’s a complete meal, a one-dish meal of meat and shrimp, rice and vegetables, it’s healthy, too.
The Pampanga version of Arroz Valenciana is called Bringhe.
Arroz Valenciana Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 1 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/4 kilo medium sized shrimp
- 1/4 kilo pork liver
- 3 pcs chorizo bilbao, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 kilo chicken fillet
- 1/2 kg pork loin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 small can green peas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 3 pcs dried bayleaf
- 1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
- salt to taste
- parsley or onion leaves
Note: Turmeric or powdered Annatto can be used in place of the Saffron
Arroz Valenciana Cooking Instructions:
- Boil the pork, chicken and shrimp to 6 cups of water together with onions, bayleaf and peppercorns, add a teaspoon of salt.
- Once the pork, chicken and shrimp are cook, separate the stock and set aside.
- Slice pork and chicken to bite sizes, remove the shell of the shrimp, set aside.
- Mix glutinous rice with white rice then boil the rice mixture with 3 1/2 cups of pork, chicken and shrimp stock, add the saffron. Stir once in a while to prevent burning.
- Fry the chorizo Bilbao, separate then on the same oil fry Pork liver, set aside.
- In a hot oil, Saute garlic, and the remaining onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add the cooked pork meat, chicken, shrimp, bell pepper, green peas and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked rice mixture; blend well, then add the rest of the ingredients and combine lightly.
- Arrange on a platter and garnish with sliced hard-boiled eggs, strips of parsley or onion leaves.
- Good for 10 persons.
Ready to serve Arroz Valenciana
Arroz Valenciana Recipe ,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Malasugi ( Swordfish ) Kebab Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>