How to make Ube Langkasuy Float (Ube Langkasuy Icebox Cake)
Ube Langkasuy Float Recipe – No baking required for this fruity-licious chilled dessert. Just layer some graham crackers, fill it with cream mixed with ube extract and condensed milk and top with ‘langka’ or jackfruit and ‘kasuy’ or cashews.
Then indulge in all of the Ube Langkasuy goodness!
Learn how to make Ube Langkasuy Icebox Cake from our video :
Ube Langkasuy Icebox Cake Recipe by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Ube Langkasuy Icebox Cake Recipe
- 1 box 200g Frosty Whip Cream Powder, whipped according to package
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 250ml nestle all-purpose cream, chilled
- ¼ –½ cup sweetened condensed milk according to taste
- 3-4 tsp. ube extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 pack 200g honey graham crackers
- ½ cup toasted cashews roughly chopped
- ¾ cup Langka “Jackfruit” (if frozen thawed first, drained and chopped)
- A violet sprinkles to add on top (optional)
- Prepare a 7×11 inches baking dish or any similar container and set aside. I prefer to use a 7×11 glass dish because it gives your icebox cake a Wow Yummy Look and perfectly fit for a single pack of graham crackers. In this recipe all we need is to whip our trusted Frosty Whip Cream Powder with ube extract.
- In a mixing bowl, combine frosty whip cream powder and cold water, then whipped until light and double in size. Add in chilled all-purpose cream, condensed milk, ube extract and a pinch of salt and mix until well combine. At this point you can taste test your cream and adjust the sweetness according to your taste. Divide the whipped cream mixture into 3 parts, so you can have a 3-layer Ube Langkasuy Icebox Cake.
- To assemble the Ube Langkasuy Icebox Cake, first you have to arrange graham crackers in your baking dish. Lay the crackers flat and even until you cover the whole bottom of the pan. Use knife or your clean fingers to cut and trim off excess crackers, if needed. Pour 1 part of the ube cream mixture on top of graham crackers and spread evenly. Scatter 1/3 part of chopped Langka “Jackfruit” and chopped cashews on top of your cream.
- Place another layer of graham crackers, followed by another ube cream and scatter some more chopped Langka “Jackfruit”, Cashews” and repeat process for the last time, ending with some violet colored sprinkles on top. Chill for 8 hours or overnight to set completely before serving. Slice, Serve and Enjoy!
Even if you are no chef, Ube Langkasuy Icebox Cake Recipe is something you could make because it’s very easy!