Last Updated on
How to cook Pancit Batil Patung
Pancit Batil Patung Recipe – We Filipinos believe in eating noodles, most especially during New Year and birthdays, as a sign for us to live a long life. Different noodles are served in on our dinner tables, but the most famous one is Pancit. Pancit has been part of the menu of Filipino cuisine for many years. But, did you know that Pancit actually originated in China? This was something they would snack on and we picked up the recipe as we exchanged some of our goods with them.
The difference of the Pancit made in China, than the one here in the Philippines, is that ours is made from rice noodles. It is easier to make, cook, and pair with vegetables. But, what we will be teaching you today is more than just the regular pancit we know. You will be taught how to make Pancit Batil Patung, Tuguegarao’s famous pancit.
The greatness of a Pancit Batil Patung not only comes from its delicious flavors but its good health benefits as well. This dish makes use of beef, and beef is good for building muscles. Consuming beef is also known to improve one’s immune system.
Pancit Batil Patung is also highly nutritious because from the pork liver alone, it has at least 8 minerals and vitamins. The noodles provide the carbs we need to provide us the energy we will spend for the day.
Making this is pretty easy, there is not much skills required to make it. You just have to chop, mix, boil, and wait.
Pancit Batil Patong Ingredients and Procedure:
Pancit Batil Patung Recipe
- 250 g. fresh Miki noodles
- 100 g. Pork Belly
- 100 g. Carabao beef or carabeef minced
- 50 g. bean sprouts
- ½ onion chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams Lechon Kawali small cubed
- ¼ head Cabbage sliced
- Canola Oil
- Black pepper
- Fish Sauce
- Spring Onions sliced
- On a hot wok, pour oil. Add the minced carabeef and stir fry until brown. Set aside.
- On high heat, add the pork pieces into the pan and cook until all sides are brown. Once all sides are brown, lower the heat to medium.
- Add half of the chopped garlic and onion. Sauté for one minute.
- Add the fresh Miki noodles followed by a cup of of chicken stock.
- Pour soy sauce and stir well.
- Slowly add the remaining chicken stock and continue to stir for five more minutes.
- Add fish sauce if necessary.
- Stir in the bean sprouts.
- After two to three minutes, remove the noodles from the pan and place on a serving plate.
- On the same pan, sauté the remaining garlic and onions.
- Add the cabbage and stir fry for two minutes. Season with fish sauce and pepper if necessary.
- Remove from pan and then place on top of the noodles.
- Top the noodles with the minced beef cooked earlier.
- Spread the Lechon Kawali on top of the beef
- Beat an egg with fork, just enough to blend the egg white and yolk.
- On low heat, add one cup of the pancit’s soup on a pan and add half of the beaten egg. Stir well.
- Remove the egg drop soup or Batil from the pan and serve with pancit.
- Poach an egg, place on top of pancit.
- Squeeze 1pc. calamansi on top
- Garnish with sliced spring onions
Recommended Video Recipe:
Pancit Batil Patung Recipe is Tuguegarao’s version of stir fried noodles (Pancit) served with an egg topping (Patung), with a side serving of egg drop soup (Batil).