Last Updated on May 12, 2019 by Ed Joven
How to make Black Forest Graham Float?
Black Forest Graham Float Recipe (Black Forest Float No Bake Cake) – Imagine being able to create a cake that doesn’t need to be baked. Yes, I’m talking about a no-bake cake! How convenient is that?!
Today we will be going through the recipe of a delicious and cool Black Forest Icebox Cake. An icebox cake is also known as a chocolate ripple cake/log. It is a dessert that consists of whipped cream and chocolate wafers. It resembles the Charlotte and trifle dessert.
A recipe that is easy to create and prepare. The classic pairing of chocolate and cherry literally and figuratively puts the cherry on top of this scrumptious dessert.
The Black Forest Float No Bake Cake is the perfect recipe to make for those people who want to eat cake but have no oven. This is a unique substitute for the usual baked cake for a birthday cake. All you need are just a couple of ingredients and a freezer that does most of the job after you assemble it. Isn’t that so simple and easy?
Procedure how to make Black Forest Graham Float and Ingredients:
Black Forest Float Recipe (Black Forest Graham Float Cake)
- 1 box 200g Frosty Whip Cream Powder, whipped according to package
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 250ml nestle all-purpose cream, chilled
- ¼ – ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 pack 200g chocolate graham or honey graham crackers
- 2 tbsp. rum for brushing (optional)
- 1 bottle maraschino cherry drained (reserved 8-12 cherries for garnish & roughly chopped the remaining cherries)
- 1 bar milk chocolate Cadbury or any plain chocolate bars you have shaved for toppings
- 1½ tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Prepare a 7×11 inches baking dish or any similar container and set aside. I love to use a 7×11 glass dish because it doesn’t only give your dessert a presentable look, but it is also perfectly fit for a single pack of graham crackers.
- Drain bottled cherries, set aside 8-12 whole cherries and roughly chopped the remaining cherries and set aside. Using a vegetable peeler, shave your chocolate bar thinly and set aside until needed.
- You can use your favorite plain chocolate bar or any available you have at the moment, but I would like to recommend Cadbury dairy milk chocolate (220g) or Hershey’s creamy milk chocolate.
- In a mixing bowl, combine frosty whip cream powder and cold water, then whipped until light and double in size. Add in chilled all-purpose cream, condensed milk, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt and mix until well combine. At this point you can taste test your cream and adjust the sweetness according to your taste. Divide the whipped cream mixture into 3 parts, so you can have a 3-layer Black Forest Icebox Cake.
How to assemble the Black Forest Icebox Cake:
- To assemble the Black Forest Icebox Cake, first you have to arrange graham crackers in your baking dish. Lay the crackers flat and even until you cover the whole bottom of the pan.
- Use knife or your clean fingers to cut and trim off excess crackers, if needed. (If using a rum, lightly moisten the graham crackers using a brush). Pour 1 part of the cream mixture on top of graham crackers and spread evenly.
- Scatter half of your chopped cherries on top of your cream, then sprinkle 1/3 part of your shaved chocolate and dust lightly with ½ tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Place another layer of graham crackers and repeat process until you have 3 layers, ending with cream on top. Eyeball and divide the cake into 8 or 12 equal parts and make a tiny swirl of whipped cream in the center of each slice.
- Decorate with cherry and a chunk of chocolate. Chill for 8 hours or overnight to set completely before serving.
Recreate that awesome chocolate-and-cherry combo with this no-bake dessert Black Forest Float Recipe, makes the perfect Christmas Dessert!