Last Updated on
How to cook Onion Rings
Onion Rings Recipe is commonly available at fast food chains and a favorite side dish or appetizer in the United States, in some parts of Asia, and in Australia. Now you can cook these in your own kitchen without the fuss of buying and falling in line in fast food chains.
To make this dish you only need sliced onions, then dipped and seasoned in bread crumbs or batter and then deep fried. Onion Rings just need a little effort to make, but it’s worth it.
While typically served as a side dish, onion rings can also be eaten on their own.
Follow these easy steps of cooking Onion Rings Recipe, an excellent crunchy appetizer. Serve hot with your favorite spicy sauce or ketchup.
Onion Rings Ingredients and Cooking Instructions:
Onion Rings Recipe
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt plus more to taste
- 1 1/3 cups ice-cold water
- Place onions in a large bowl filled with cold water and soak 10 minutes.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot to 365 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk in ice-cold water and place batter bowl over a bowl of ice.
- Drain white onions and dry thoroughly between layers of paper towels.
- Working one handful at a time, dip onions in batter, allowing excess to drip back into bowl, and gently place in oil.
- Fry, turning once, until crisp and golden, 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray to drain and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Serve with mayo-ketchup dip.
Recommended Recipe Video:
Onion Rings is coated in well-seasoned flour fried to a crisp – an excellent appetizer!
Filipino Appetizer Recipes: