Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to cook Betamax Barbeque
Want to try out a very unique and classic Filipino street food dish but you’re worried if it’s clean or is it safe to eat? Worry no more; a recipe has been created for you so that you get to taste the classic Filipino street food, Betamax, right at the comfort of your own home. You get to cook it yourself so that your worries would disappear.
Betamax Babeque is chicken blood that has been dried up and shaped into cube like pieces which are grilled. Its shape is similar to huge chocolate cubes. It doesn’t have a foul smell or very gamy taste.
Betamax Babeque is very chewy that is best eaten with a sauce such as vinegar or chili mix. It is best eaten if before drinking outside with friends or as a snack in the middle of the day or midnight.
As complicated as this dish looks, this is actually quite easy to do. It doesn’t need a lot of neurons to get it right. It just needs simple ingredients and the want to create a great dish.
Betamax or Grilled Chicken Blood by Filipino Recipes Portal
Betamax Recipe or Grilled Chicken Blood
- 1 cup Chicken blood
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili flakes optional
- 5 cups water
- 2 teaspoon Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Banana Ketchup
- Combine the following ingredients; chicken blood, salt, Chili flakes (optional) and pepper in bowl, then mix well.
- Boil 5 cups of water and pour in the mixture, then mix well.
- Drain the water when the blood thickens and let it cool.
- Cut the thickened blood mixture into cubes and skewered.
- Grill the blood over a charcoal stove for 8 minutes while basting with the Grill sauce.
- Serve it with Sinamak (spiced Vinegar) and your favorite beer.
As a typical Filipino food, Betamax Barbeque can be seen in the streets anywhere in the Phils. and are mostly sold as a street food.