How to cook Crispy Crablets
Crispy Crablets Recipe is a kind of finger food perfect for pulutan or beer match for any alcoholic beverages. This dish is a popular appetizer among Filipinos, best eaten with a spicy hot vinegar dip.
Crispy Crablets are soft-shelled, small crabs seasoned and coated in cornstarch, cooked deep fried until crispy. These types of crabs are often found in riverbanks, some are caught in rice fields and even in fish ponds. The preparation and cooking of this dish is not time consuming, you can do this for less than 15 minutes.
Try these easy and simple steps for this Crispy Crablets Recipe.
Crispy Crablets Ingredients:
- 1 kilo crablets
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 3 cups Canola cooking oil
Crispy Crablets Cooking Instructions:
- Clean the little crabbies and take the top shell off.
- Season with salt and pepper and let it seat while you prepare the egg and breadings.
- Heat a wok or fry pan and pour-in Canola cooking oil.
- Mix flour and cornstarch then, beat the egg in a separate bowl.
- Dip each crablets in the egg and and roll on the breading mixture, be sure to coat each one evenly.
- Then fry until texture becomes crispy.
- Remove from the pan and place in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Once excess oil drips-off completely, arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve with spicy vinegar dip.
Crispy Crablets Recipe is perfect as an appetizer or pulutan, it can even be eaten with rice.