Last Updated on
How to prepare Ensaladang Labanos
A dish that could be traced back to the 19th century here in the Philippines, Ensaladang Labanos is another variety of the recipe of Filipinos when cooking Ensalada dishes. Ensaladang Labanos Recipe is the Ilocano twist on this dish.
What makes this a great dish? Two basic things: 1) it is a scrumptious dish, perfect side dish to include in any occasion; and 2) it is such an easy dish to do that you’ll finish it in no time. Something you can even teach your child.
The contrast of textures and flavors of Ensaladang Labanos is the reason why many people actually include this dish in Filipino occasions. And an additional great thing about this is that it’s healthy. It’s made out of organic ingredients, mostly relying on their flavors, not much seasoning added.
If ever you’re in a rush, you don’t have much time to create something fancy; this is something you can whip up in an instant. Not much effort required.
Ensaladang Labanos by Filipino Recipes Portal
Ensaladang Labanos Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Labanos radish
- 2 pcs tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup vinegar use Sinamak if want it spicy
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the Labanos(radish) really thin.
- In a bowl, put the radish and sprinkle with 2 tbsp salt. Mix well, set aside for about 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, squeezed the salted radish. Wash with water and drain.
- Squeezed again, making sure to remove all the excess salt and water.
- In a bowl, combine all the other ingredients. Add the radish.
- Add more salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Serve with fried fish or pork.
Try making this delicious Ensaladang Labanos Recipe with a lot of health benefits plus it’s a great appetizer too.