Last Updated on December 10, 2023 by Ed Joven
Creamy Buko Pandan Salad: A Refreshing Filipino Treat
If you’re looking for a salad for the Holiday Season, that’s not just a feast for your taste buds but also a tropical party for your senses, look no further than our Creamy Buko Pandan Salad! Imagine a bowl bursting with the goodness of young coconut, pandan jelly, and a creamy concoction that’ll have you saying, “More, please!”
This Filipino favorite isn’t just a salad; it’s a celebration of flavors that harmonize with every spoonful. The Buko (young coconut) adds a tropical twist that’ll transport you straight to the sandy shores of the Philippines. And let’s talk about the pandan jelly – it’s like a burst of green happiness that complements the creaminess in every bite.
Now, I won’t spill the beans (or should I say, coconut shreds?) on the secret behind this delectable creation just yet. But let me tell you, it’s as easy as a summer breeze to put together. You won’t need a culinary degree or a magic wand – just a few simple steps, and you’ll be going to impress your guests.
Creamy Buko Pandan Salad is a Filipino dessert made with young coconut (buko), pandan jelly, and a creamy sauce. Pandan is a Southeast Asian plant with a fragrant, vanilla-like flavor. The jelly is made with Pandan extract and Gulaman or agar-agar (a type of seaweed with a firm texture).
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your apron, dust off that mixing bowl, and make memories together. Whip up this Creamy Buko Pandan Salad and treat your family and friends to a tropical flavor explosion that’ll have them asking for seconds – and maybe even the recipe!
Ingredients and Procedure of Creamy Buko Pandan Salad :
Creamy Buko Pandan Salad Recipe
~ Pandan Gulaman: ~
- 1/2 tbsp Pandan extract
- 2 boxes Alsa Gulaman or Mr. Gulaman unflavored
- 1 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup water
~ Salad: ~
- 3 pcs Buko make sure not too hard, not too soft
- 1 pack Nestle Cream 250ML
- 1 medium can of Condensed Milk
- 1 340g Nata de Coco
- 1 cup Kaong optional
- In a sauce pan Combine water and gulaman powder and stir
- Add sugar and pandan extract then mix well
- Bring gulaman mixture to boil and continue stirring. Boil for at least 8-10 mins.
- Transfer in any heat proof container and let it cool down completely
- Scrape coconut meat using a spoon
- For best salad result a fresh young coconut meat is a must for this recipe.
- Drain nata de coco and set aside
- Slice pandan gulaman into small cubes
~ Time to mix our Buko Pandan Salad ~
- In a large bowl or pan Combine buko, nata de coco, all purpose cream and condensed milk
- Mix until well combine and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and it's ready to serve and enjoy!
What makes this Creamy Buko Pandan Salad a standout is the magical blend of textures. It’s a symphony of chewy, creamy, and refreshing notes that create a party in your mouth. It’s the kind of salad that doesn’t just fill your belly but leaves your taste buds doing the cha-cha.
Why is Buko Pandan Salad so famous?
This Salad is so famous because it’s a refreshing and easy-to-make Filipino dessert that’s also delicious. The combination of the sweet and creamy sauce, the chewy jelly, and the crunchy young coconut is irresistible.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Creamy Buko Pandan Salad! It’s a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that’s perfect for any occasion.
So, next time you’re looking for a refreshing treat, be sure to give it a try!
Other Buko Pandan and Buko Recipes: