Last Updated on
How to cook Chicken Pandan
Chicken Pandan Recipe is a popular chicken dish in Bangkok. Pandan leaf keeps the juices of the chicken inside, so you get very soft & juicy fried chicken. This is an excellent dish to make for a party or any other gatherings. The flavor of pandan should be noticeable in the fried chicken. If you used fresh leaves, you won’t have this problem.
There are many different ways of folding these packets. The way shown leaves a bit of chicken exposed, so that you get a bit of crispiness. You are welcome to experiment!
Chicken Pandan Recipe is best served with garlic rice along with your favorite salad.
Chicken Pandan Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Chicken Pandan Recipe
- 1/2 kilo chicken drumsticks deboned and skinned
- 1 large pandan leaf for wrapping
- Canola oil for deep frying
- 3 shallots
- 2 cm knob young ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk lemongrass sliced
- 3 dried chilies soaked till soft
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 ⁄2 cup thick coconut milk
- Cut chicken meat into 7cm x 2.5cm thick slices.
- Combine ground ingredients with the seasoning ingredients and marinate the chicken pieces with it.
- Leave to stand for two to three hours.
- Add coconut milk and mix well to blend.
- Wrap two pieces of chicken with a pandan leaf.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Deep-fry pandan-wrapped chicken in hot oil until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
This Filipino version of Chicken Pandan Recipe is made more exciting and delicious with the mix of the finest Pinoy seasoning blend.
Recommended Filipino Delicacy: