Last Updated on June 8, 2012 by Ed Joven
Kwek-kwek Recipe. this ball made of quail eggs and some orange batter is best eaten with lots of vinegar. Larger version of this, made of chicken egg is more popularly known as Tokneneng.
Estimated cooking time: 30 minutes
Kwek Kwek Ingredients:
- 1 dozen peeled hard boiled quail eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water
- few drops of orange food coloring
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
Kwek Kwek Cooking Instructions:
- Put the quail eggs in a clean plastic bag/zip lock, with 1/4 cup flour.
- Shake em until eggs are evenly coated.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except cooking oil.
- Use a wire whisk or fork, mix it to a smooth batter.
- Dump those little eggs to the batter.
- Put enough cooking oil for deep frying in a shallow pan. heat it.
- Spoon out those eggs from the batter and chuck it in the hot cooking oil.
- Wait till it cooks, about a minute or so. until the coating is crispy.
- Serve with sweet gravy or vinegar.
Here’s the read to serve Kwek Kwek Recipe