Last Updated on July 11, 2016 by Ed Joven
How to cook Crispy Fried Isaw
Crispy Fried Isaw Recipe, this Filipino street food is now gaining popularity and well loved by “Isaw” lovers because of the different taste it gives compared to its brother Grilled Isaw. Crispy fried Isaw is so cheap yet tastes delicious. You can find these Isaw street vendors near schools, public places or offices they primarily sell choice cut fried chicken street named “chicken joy” others are selling fish balls or tempura.
It is easy to detect if the Crispy fried Isaw you bought is not cleaned well because it taste bitter. My advice is you ask the vendor if he cleans it well then if he assure you that he did, tell the vendor you taste one and if it taste bitter don’t pay for it. To be sure that the Fried Isaw you will eat is really cleaned then its about time you cook it by yourself, so follow this Crispy Fried Isaw Recipe.
Crispy Fried Isaw Ingredients
- 1/2 kilo Chicken intestines
- 1 cup flour
- Pepper and salt to taste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- dried chili powder (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 6 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Canola oil for deep frying
Crispy Fried Isaw Cooking Instructions
- Buy cleaned chicken intestine only from a trusted retailer. Clean the intestines again by gently squeezing it with fingers to remove some remaining waste. Pass a running water through the intestine by using a small water hose. Or to be sure open the intestines with scissors and clean it with running water.
- Then boil it by adding salt and pepper while boiling. Add vinegar then simmer until the intestines are tender (about 30 minutes). Drain and set aside to dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, cut the “isaw” into desired length (approximately 3 inches) then skewer it.
- Add in the egg, soy sauce and all the dry ingredients. Thoroughly mix all the ingredients.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
Try this truly Filipino street food dish Crispy Fried Isaw Recipe you will surely love it