Last Updated on
How to make Linat-an
Linat-an Recipe is a satisfying, filling and very delicious Filipino soup dish that is very popular in Cebu and Mindanao, it is simple and easy to prepare.
Linat-an is like Nilagang Baboy, it is boiled until the pork is tender, although both dishes have the same cooking process but with different ingredients that distinguish one from the other. Linat-an is more like Sinigang na Baboy without a souring agent and it makes use of red bell pepper, tanglad leaves (lemongrass), gabi (taro root), and sitaw ( string beans). The tanglad leaves enhances the aroma and the flavor of the soup while the gabi makes the soup thicker and more flavorful.
This is the first time we tried this soup dish and we find it very rich-tasting soup, I can tell you that my family enjoyed it and they ask for more. I suggest you try this creamy and flavorful Linat-an Recipe, you will surely love and enjoy it too.
Linat-an na Baboy Ingredients:
- 1 kilo Pork spare ribs
- 7 pcs Sitaw(string beans), cut into 2 inches length
- 1 bunch of scallions, cut into 2 inches length
- 2 pcs medium sized Gabi(taro root), chopped
- 1 bunch of Tanglad(lemongrass), clean it well then tie it together
- 3 1/2 cups rice washing
- 2 1/2 cups Pork broth
- 1 medium sized Red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pour the Pork broth and rice washing in a large cooking pot, cover and bring to a boil.
- When it starts to boil, add-in the onions, lemongrass, and spare ribs.
- Simmer the soup until the pork meat becomes tender, it will take about 1 hour.
- Add the gabi(taro root) then simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add-in the Red bell pepper and Sitaw(string beans), then simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Put-in the green onions, then black pepper and salt to taste, mix well.
- Serve with hot steam rice.
Linat-an Recipe is a creamy, flavorful and easy to prepare Filipino soup.