Learn how to cook Cebu Torta Cake Recipe
Cebu Torta Cake Recipe is considerably a rich recipe yet simple and tasty that almost anyone can make. Cebu Torta Cake is quite a popular baked product in Visayas and all of Cebu. This delicious mini cake recipe is always present on every special occasion especially in the Visayas Region. If you haven’t got the Torta molds you can use a big deep muffin tins, greased and lined. Torta’s in Cebu are special cakes usually made with lard and tuba or coconut liquor, as the leavening agent and is cooked in a clay oven. These cakes would last days without refrigeration.
This Torta Mamon Cebuano Recipe is amazingly delicious; each bite makes you feel real good. It tastes like heaven! You should try this recipe!
Cebu Torta Cake Ingredients:
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 cup coconut juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 star anise
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup or 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1/8 cup fresh milk
- 1 sm. can (168ml) sweetened condensed milk
Cebu Torta Cake Cooking Instructions:
- Line molds with paper liners, but if you don’t have you can use wax paper and greased it with butter lightly and set aside. Separate eggs and whisk egg yolks until smooth and set aside the egg whites for another recipe, such as angel food cake, meringue, Lengua de gato, sylvanas and etc…
- Preheat your oven at 350F. Boil the coconut juice and sugar over a low heat for 5 minutes and add in the star anise at the last minute to infuse in the syrup, set aside to cool. In a bowl, sift over flour, baking powder and salt together until well mixed and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter until smooth and pale and add in the egg yolks and mix for a minute. Add the oil, coconut syrup and condensed milk while continuously mixing. I don’t want to waste the condensed milk left in the can, so I pour the fresh milk into can and scrape all sides and stir, then add into the mixing bowl.
- Lastly add the flour mixture and whisk until incorporated but don’t over beat the batter. Pour the batter into the prepared molds, or divide the batter using an ice cream scoop to yield a dozen of Cebu Torta Cake / Mamon.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for about 18-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let it cool just enough you can handle it, then brush with margarine or butter lightly on top and sprinkle with caster or refined sugar on top and let it cool on a wire rack.
Torta Mamon Cebuano Recipe is amazingly delicious and is always cooked and prepared in the Visayas region during Fiesta celebration.
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Bistek Tagalog Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>