Last Updated on July 7, 2016 by Ed Joven
Ginisang Pechay is a nutritious and economical Filipino dish
Ginisang Pechay Recipe is a simple Filipino dish also known as the Filipino Bok Choy and it is sautéed with ground pork or beef. Pechay is a Chinese cabbage and it is one of the common vegetables here in the Philippines. This green leafy vegetable is very affordable and full of nutrients like vitamins A and C, vitamin B-6, folate, calcium, protein, thiamin, iron, Vitamin K, riboflavin and niacin. Pechay help lower down the cholesterol levels and the risk of cancers.
Learn how to cook this delicious nutritious Ginisang Pechay Recipe, it is so easy to prepare. Pechay is crisp and has a mild sweet taste, that’s why many Filipinos love to make soups and stir-fries using this vegetable. This Filipino dish is best served with Daing na Bangus.
Ginisang Pechay Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo ground lean beef or pork
- 1/2 kilo pechay, thoroughly washed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pcs medium sized potatoes, cut in small cubes
- 2 pcs small sized red bell pepper, sliced diagonally
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup garlic chives, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Ginisang Pechay Cooking Instructions:
- Wash and clean the Pechay, then trim and chop the stalks and the leaf parts must be separated.
- In a large pan put in and saute garlic in Canola oil until light brown.
- Add onion and saute until translucent then add the ground beef and little salt, when the beef is already brown add potatoes, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add water and fish sauce. Bring to a boil, when it’s boiling reduce the heat to medium low then add the bell pepper.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Add Pechay stalks and simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add chives, leaf part of pechay. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat then serve with hot rice and Daing na Bangus.
Ginisang Pechay Recipe is best served with Daing na Bangus.