How to cook Ham and Cheese Sticks (Cheese Sticks with Ham)
Ham and Cheese Sticks – Cheese sticks with ham are tasty and filling finger foods that are perfect for an afternoon snack. A serving of three to five pieces can truly satisfy your cravings with that salty kick from the cheese and the meaty goodness of the ham.
Making cheese sticks with ham is very simple. All you need are one box of cheese (sliced in strips), one pack of sweet or honey ham (also sliced in strips), eggroll or Molo wonton wrapper, a cup of water, and cooking oil. You may also use bacon strips, spam, or hotdog as an alternative to ham.
To prepare the snack, get a piece of Lumpia wrapper. Place a strip of cheese and ham in the middle. Then roll the wrapper to cover the fillings. Fold the sides of the wrapper and continue to roll until it has fully covered the cheese and ham filling. Dab the edge of the wrapper with water as a paste. Fry the cheese sticks in hot oil and cook them until they re golden brown.
Cheese sticks and ham can also be more than just your usual merienda at home. You can even venture into the food business with this snack, advertise and sell it online, or put up your food cart. Then sell these cheese sticks and ham along with other finger food snacks like fishballs, kikiam, and kwek-kwek with gulaman.
You can also store these in sealed plastic bags and sell them in frozen packs. These can last for weeks as long as they are stored well in the fridge.
Cheese Sticks with Ham Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Cheese Sticks with Ham Recipe (Ham and Cheese Sticks)
- 1 box Filled Cheese
- 1 pack Sliced Ham
- 2 packs small Lumpia Wrapper
- 1 cup Cooking oil
- Wrap the sliced cheese and ham in Lumpia (spring roll) wrapper (for detailed procedure please watch the video)
- Heat the fry pan and pour cooking oil.
- Let the oil heat-up for a few minutes.
- Deep fry the ham and cheese sticks for about 5 minutes or until the color of the cheese sticks turns golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and place in a plate with paper towel.
- Let stand for a few minutes for the oil to drain.
- Serve immediately with mayo-dip.
Cheese Sticks with Ham Recipe is a great appetizer also a fantastic snack and tastes really good. It also has a crisp and crunchy texture on the outside.
Tips in making Cheese Sticks
- Use low to medium heat so that the lumpia wrapper won’t brown right away.
- after cooking make sure to drain the oil using paper towel
- Always serve Cheese Sticks within 10 to 15 minutes after frying.
Filipino Lumpia Recipes: