Last Updated on November 3, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook a No Bake Ube Cupcakes
No Bake Ube Cupcakes Recipe – A famous ingredient here in the Philippines is slowly getting noticed and popular all across the globe, but most especially in the Americas. Ube, or also called Purple Yam, is an ingredient that is very dear to the hearts of many Filipinos. This tube root vegetable is used in many different kinds of delectable desserts here in the Philippines.
There’s Ube Halaya, Ube Macapuno Salad, or it can also be used as a topping for Halo Halo. But, the greatness of Ube is not just limited to famous desserts we all usually see in many restaurants and food stalls. An Ube based cake or cupcake can also be made with it, like Ube Macapuno Cake.
Does that not sound scrumptious? You get the soft and fluffy texture from the cupcake sponge while tasting this sweet, with the hint of nuttiness like pistachio flavor from the Ube.
Learn how to cook No Bake Ube Cupcakes Recipe, just follow the easy and super simple procedure below.
No Bake Ube Cupcakes ingredients and cooking procedure:
No Bake Ube Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box 200g Maya Party Cupcake Mix
- 2 tsp. Ube extract
- 2 tbsp. Canola or vegtable Oil
- 1/2 cup Water or Milk
- 1 med Egg at room temperature
- 1/2 box 100g Frosty Whip Cream Powder
- 1 tsp Ube extract
- 1/3 cup Icy Cold Water
- 2 tbsp. white sprinkles
You also Need:
- 15 pcs cupcake liners 2oz.
- 15 pcs. cupcake toppers optional
- Preheat Stove-Top heavy-bottom Casserole or any similar cooking ware over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- If using a heavy bottom casserole, put just enough salt to cover the entire bottom to avoid browning the pan and helps stabilize the heat evenly.
- Place fitted wire rack in the center and cover with a lid. The lid hole should be sealed with a foil so the heat can’t escape.
- Line muffin tins or silicon molds with same size cupcake liners.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth, at least 25 strokes or less, do not over mix according to package direction.
- Fill each tins/molds up to 2/3’s full or divide the batter into 15 cupcake liners.
- Cook the cupcake in a preheated casserole for about 7-8 minutes.
- Keep an eye of your cupcakes because we may have different kinds of stove and the heat varies.
- To check, insert wooden stick in the center and if comes out clean or a few moist crumbs, its done.
- Repeat process for the second batch. Fire off and let it cool completely on a wire rack, before frosting.
Lets prepare our frosting:
- I’m using 100g of Frosty Whip Cream Powder that would be ¾cups FWCP and to that we are going to add about 1/3 cup of super cold water.
- Moistened the cream powder first before whipping. When it’s fully whipped and aerated, you can add ube extract and violet food color and mix until well combined.
- Transfer in a piping bag with your favorite nozzle tip and we are ready to frost.
- Let’s frost our cupcake, just pipe a good amount of frosting on top of each ube cupcake.
- (Press, Swirl and Release) Top with sprinkles of your choice and a cupcake topper.