Last Updated on December 5, 2014 by Ed Joven
How to make Yema with Carrots
Yema is a classic Filipino sweet treat which is traditionally made with condensed milk. In this recipe, we are going to make a fusion of this well-loved dessert. We are going to prepare the Carrot Yema Balls Recipe, with the combination of carrots and condensed milk; this recipe will definitely become a new favorite of the family. Since eating carrots can give you lots of health benefits, you may consider this Carrot Yema Balls Recipe a comfort food and a guilt-free dessert unlike other desserts which is bad for the health and makes you gain weight faster.
Carrots help improve eyesight, prevents cancer, makes a healthy glowing skin, teeth and gums, cleanse the body and prevents heart disease and stroke. This dessert is one of the simplest and quickest desserts to make, it does not need a lot of cooking time and the ingredients are easy to find.
Carrot Yema Balls Recipe can be a good business too if you want to make an extra income.
Carrot Yema Balls Ingredients:
- 1 can condensed milk
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1/8 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
Yema with Carrots Instructions:
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan then turn on the fire and cook yema mixture in a medium heat.
- You have to constantly stir and mix the mixture to avoid from burning it, until the yema mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat and transfer carrot yema in a bowl, let it cool.
- When the carrot yema is already cool, scoop a small portion then create a small of yema ball.
- Place the yema balls in a plate with sugar, then roll the yema balls and shake off excess sugar.
- You can wrap with a plastic cellophane then store it in a jar.
Carrot Yema Balls Recipe is a new version of yema loaded with vitamins great for your kids.