Last Updated on
Sinigang na Malasugi Recipe, the famous Filipino soup Sinigang is traditionally tamarind based. Other versions of the dish derive their sourness from ingredients such as guava, calamansi, lemon, bilimbing, or raw mango among others. Powdered soup base or bouillon cubes for Sinigang based on tamarind are also used in place of natural fruits.
The meat in sinigang (e.g., fish, pork, shrimp, or beef) is often stewed with tamarinds, tomatoes, and onions. Other vegetables commonly used in the making of sinigang include okra, gabi (taro), labanos (daikon), kangkong (water spinach), sitaw (yardlong beans) and talong (eggplant). Most Pinoy like to cook their Sinigang dish with green finger pepper in order to enhance the taste while adding a little spice to the broth.
In most Fish Sinigang, Milkfish or bangus is the fish most commonly used because it is cheaper compared to other fish variety. Maya-maya, dalagang-bukid, Talakitok, Lapu-lapu, kanduli or any fleshy fish is just as good.
Sinigang na Malasugi Recipe, in this version of Sinigang we used Malasugi (Swordfish or Blue Marlin) fillets and instead of the traditional veggies we used cabbage and red bell pepper.
Try this PinoyRecipe version of Sinigang na Malasugi Recipe and give us your feedback.
Sinigang na Malasugi Recipe Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo of Malasugi (Swordfish or Blue Marlin)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 kilo cabbage
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper
- 1 green chili pepper
- 1 pc Lemon
- 1 pc Sinigang mix cube (tamarind-based)
- salt or patis (fish sauce)
- 1 liter of water
Sinigang na Malasugi Recipe Cooking Instructions:
- Clean and Cut Malasugi fish into serving pieces. Set aside.
- Slice Tomatoes, Onions, Bell pepper, and Cabbage then set aside.
- Cut the lemon into 2 then remove the juice and set aside.
- Pour 1 liter of water in a pan, then add tomatoes, onions and salt or patis. Bring to a boil.
- Put in the sinigang mix cube, green chili pepper and the lemon juice.
- Next, add the Malasugi fish and simmer for 5-10 minutes, depending on how big your fish pieces are.
- Add Bell pepper and Cabbage then simmer for another 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove Sinigang na Malasugi from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Add more Salt or Patis to taste
- Serve immediately.
Ready to serve Sinigang na Malasugi Recipe