How to cook Turon or Banana Spring Rolls
If you love Maruya for snacks or breakfast then try this Filipino Turon Recipe also known as lumpiang saging, it is a deep fried caramelized banana spring rolls made of thinly sliced bananas preferably saba or Cardaba bananas and a slice of jackfruit, dusted with brown sugar, rolled in a spring roll wrapper then deep fried.
Turon or Banana Spring Rolls Ingredients
- 8 pcs Saging na Saba (Cardava bananas in english), sliced in half lengthwise
- 8 pcs ripe Jackfruit
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 12 pcs spring roll wrapper
- 2 cups cooking oil
Turon Recipe or Banana Spring Rolls Cooking Instructions
- Roll the banana on a plate with brown sugar and make sure that the banana is coated with enough sugar
- Place the sugar coated banana in the spring roll wrapper then add ripe jackfruit.
- Fold the spring roll wrapper and use water to seal the edge.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and add some brown sugar. Wait until the brown sugar caramelized or floats
- Add the wrapped banana and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on wrapper
- Serve hot with an iced cold softdrink.