Last Updated on May 21, 2023 by Ed Joven
How to cook Orange Sponge Cake (No Oven)
Orange Sponge Cake Recipe – Sponge cakes are among the easiest pastries to make. This superbly simple dish is consists of flour, eggs, and sugar and a leavening agent. They’re firm and aerated like that of your typical kitchen sponge. This particular characteristic makes it a delectable choice for layers of cakes that you could fill with buttercream and decorate with some delicious icing. They are also very versatile as you can fill them with different creams or even saturate them with syrup and fruity jams.
There are over a hundred recipes of Sponge cake out there, offering tons of ideas on how to spice up your ordinary sponges. Ours is the Orange Sponge Cake, which infuses the richness, tang and zing of the Orange fruit.
Oranges are well known for their superbly high amount of Vitamin C. Before, and Vitamin C was well known for preventing flu and colds. After thorough research, the flu-preventing Vitamin is far more famous for being a powerful antioxidant.Now we are quite very conscious of finding substances that could help boost our health and, of course, slowing down aging. We make ourselves busy buying drugs that we think contain high antioxidant chemicals. Why buy synthetic antioxidants, if we can readily get them fresh and unprocessed? Also, why drink antioxidant medicines when we can readily mix anti-oxidant rich food into our favorite food like the Sponge cake, right?
Apart from the antioxidant capabilities of Vitamin C that’s in the orange, it is also great for the skin and the hair. Together with other sorts of vitamins and minerals, they make us appear more beautiful and vibrant even over the years.
So the next time you whip up a crafty meal or a dessert, think of one that’s enriched with flavor and filled with nutrients that would truly benefit your body. What are you waiting for? Learn how to make a sumptuous Orange Sponge Cake dessert for you, your family and friends, and share the nutritious benefits of those zesty oranges!
Orange Sponge Cake Ingredients and Procedure:
Orange Sponge Cake Recipe
- Cake: 3-Layer-Cake
- 1 tsp. glucose
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 4 tbsp. caster sugar
- 6 tbsp. cake flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. orange zest finely grated
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 3 tbsp. corn oil
- 1 box 200g frosty cream powder, whipped according to package direction (makes 2¼ cups)
- 1 cup Mandarin Orange Segments in light syrup well drained
- 2 slices of orange cut thinly and quartered, to decorate
- Mint Leaves to decorate
You also Need:
- 1 8-inch cake board
- Preheat oven to 350F and place oven rack in the middle position. Grease (2) 7-inch round pan, bottom and sides and line the bottom with 7-inch round parchment paper and set aside. Measure all ingredients needed for the cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine glucose, eggs and caster sugar and whisk with electric hand mixer until you rich the ribbon stage. Sift half of your cake flour into the egg mixture and at this point you can use a wire whisk and mix lightly just until the cake flour is blended. Add the remaining cake flour with a pinch of salt and sift into the mixture and lightly mix again until blended. Bang the bowl twice on a flat surface to remove air bubbles.
- Add orange zest into the batter. Combine fresh orange juice and oil together and stir, add into the batter. This time you need to use a spatula to fold the batter until evenly incorporated and the oil is no longer visible. Divide the batter evenly in both pans and gently bang each pan against the table for the last time to remove air bubbles.
- Place the pan immediately in the oven or else it will not rise properly. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes, or until cakes are golden brown and springy when pressed lightly.
- Fire off, let it cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
For the Frosting :
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 box (200g) of frosty whip cream powder and ¾ cup of cold water and whip with electric mixer until fully aerated and double in volume. Add in well-drained orange segments and whip just until blended. And now that you have your cake base and whipped cream, let’s assemble the cake.
- First, we need a cake board at least 1 inch larger than your cake. Using a metal spatula, spread a small amount of frosting into the center of your cake board and place your first layer in the center. Top with orange whipped cream and spread evenly. Cover with another cake and top with whipped cream and spread evenly until you frost the whole cake. Use extra whipped cream for piping swirls on top of your cake.
- This frosting is sufficient to frost the whole 3-Layer-Cake. Decorate top with whipped cream swirls, orange slices and mint leaves. Refrigerate your beautiful orange sponge cake at least 30 minutes before serving.
This Orange Sponge Cake Recipe is light, moist, delicately flavored and very delicious.
- Carrot Cake Recipe
- No Oven Mango Cake Recipe
- Peach Mango Float Recipe
- MILO Cake Recipe (No Oven)
- Banana Cake Recipe
- Chocolate Cake with Mocha Frosting Recipe
- Yema Cake Recipe
- No Oven Mango Cake Recipe
- Cookies and Cream Cake Recipe