Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to make Carrot Cake
Although its exact origins are unknown, carrots have been used in cakes since way back medieval times. Mainly, it was because of its sugar content. Next only to sugar beets, carrots contain greater amount of sugar than any other vegetable.
These days, Carrot Cakes have become one of the most popular cakes across the world. You’ll see it being served on weddings, birthdays, and numerous other special occasions.
Everybody just can’t get enough of this delight because of its simplicity, sweetness, and distinct flavor. Carrot cakes are also healthy because they are filled with calcium, calories, cholesterol, fat, sodium, and protein. Another reason why many people love these moist pastries is because they usually last longer compared with other cake types.
The good news for you here is that these wonderful desserts are relatively easy and fun to make. This means you can bake this treat even if you are actually a newbie. Just be precise in following the instructions and there’s no doubt you can get this right.
Your friends and family members will love it if you bake them a nice carrot cake for your next celebration together!
Here are the instructions for making your own Carrot Cake:
Carrot Cake Recipe by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Carrot Cake Recipe
For the Cake: (2-Layered 7-inch Cake)
- 1 box 400g Maya Whole Wheat Carrot Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water or fresh milk
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cups carrots shredded (loosely packed)
- ½ cup pineapple drain and roughly chopped
- 1 8oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼-½ cup toasted cashews finely crushed, to sprinkle on top
- 8-10 pcs. carrot fondant to decorate
- Sprinkles (optional)
other materials needed:
- 1 8-inch cake board
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Greased and lined with parchment paper 2 (7-inch) pans and set aside. Drain the pineapple, reserve the pineapple juice for later use and set aside. Wash, peel and shred 2 medium fresh carrots and measure as recipe needed about 1¼ cups (loosely packed).
- In a mixing bowl, put the carrot cake mix and make a well in the center. Add in the canola oil, water, eggs, pineapple and shredded carrots. Stir all ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- Divide the batter evenly as possible into 2 prepared baking pans. Bake for 18-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, beat the softened cream cheese until soft. Mix in icing sugar and vanilla extract and continue beating until smooth and well blended.
- We need a cake board at least 1-2 inches bigger than your cake. Apply a little frosting in the center of the board and top the first cake, placing at the center of the board. Frost half of the frosting and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Top with the 2nd layer and frost the top with the remaining frosting. Spread the frosting evenly and sprinkle crushed nuts on the top edges as neat and even as you can. Arrange fondant carrots the way you like, add some more sprinkles if desired. (If you have a remaining frosting you can also add a drop food color gel, a color of your choice and put some writings in the center.
Carrot Cake Recipe is a healthy dessert filled with lots of calcium, sodium and vitamins.