Last Updated on November 1, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to cook Cookies and Cream Cake
Cookies and Cream Cake Recipe – The crunch and munch of an Oreo cookie never fail to satisfy our sweet tooth. But put in a moist, creamy, chocolatey cake? The dessert is in a league of its own – the extra sweetness and goodness of a cookies and cream cake makes it worthy of extra cravings too. Despite a rich and heavenly treat, this Oreo-filled cake does not demand master baker skills to be whipped up.
Cookies and Cream Cake also definitely needs not a long list of baking goods, just the cake, frosting and ganache essentials found in the recipe below and of course your Oreo cookies.
Cookies and Cream Cake by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
Cookies and Cream Cake Recipe
Cake: 2 (Two-Layer-6-inch Cake)
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix bake according to package direction & divide the batter into 2 pans.
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup water or milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 cups or 2 boxes 200g Frosty Whipping Cream Powder
- 1½ cups cold water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 24 pcs. mini Oreo’s divided
- ½ cup Oreo crumbs finely crushed
- ¾ cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 2 tbsp. cream
You also Need:
- 2 8-inch cake board
- To Prepare the Cake: Preheat oven to 350F and line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper. Bake the cake according to package direction and divide the cake into two 6-inch round pans equally. Bake the cake as directed and check with a toothpick if it’s done.
- Fire off, transfer the cake in a wire rack and let it cool completely. With a serrated knife, cut each cake horizontally into two layers and set aside.
- And for an easy frosting, wrap each cake with plastic food wrap and chill for about 30 minutes or so, this will help lessen the cake crumbs when you are applying the icing later on.
- To Prepare the Crumbs: First, separate the cookies from the cream and keep the filling for later use. Crushed the cookies in the food processor until fine crumbs and set aside. For the Ganache, combine milk chocolate and cream in a mixing bowl and melt over a pot with simmering water. Stir the chocolate and cream until melted. Take off from the heat, stir and set aside.
To Assemble the Cake:
- We also need a cake board at least 2-inches larger than your cake. Frost the board at the center with a little cream and place the first layer of your cake in the center. Put a cream on top and spread evenly and sprinkle crushed oreo’s generously at the center, leaving at least 1-inch indention on the sides. Cover it with another half of your cake on top. Crumb coat the cake on all sides and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Frost the cake the way you want until fully covered and make a cream swirls on top. I pipe the frosting from the bottom until I reach the top edge with a left-right; left-right motion.
- Drizzle the ganache carefully on the top edges of your cake and let it drip on the sides.
Cookies and Cream Cake Recipe is absolutely delicious and fabulous dessert, try this recipe and you will really be pleased with the result.