How to cook Banana Cake
Want to make the best-tasting Banana Cake? The secret, of course, lies in using sweet, ripe bananas. You should never settle for anything lesser than that if you want to have the ultimate Banana Cake that truly satisfies with every bite.
Another good thing about baking this type of cake is that bananas are among the healthiest foods out there. That’s why serving this to your family is like hitting two birds with one stone – they will have happy tummies plus they’ll experience the benefits of this amazing fruit.
Besides, bananas are proven to have zero fat, sodium, and cholesterol. On the other hand, the fruit is rich in fiber, potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin C. Medical experts likewise confirm that eating bananas can decrease possibilities of heart attacks and strokes. Furthermore, it can be an effective anti-depressant and may lower the chances of acquiring some types of cancer.
There’s definitely nothing like some good old banana! No wonder, the Minions couldn’t get enough of them.
So if you’re ready to get started preparing a Banana Cake, read the procedure below and follow the step-by-step instructions very carefully. In a little while, you’ll be able to create this tasty masterpiece right in your own kitchen!
Banana Cake by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Banana Cake Recipe
Cake: (Two-Layer-8-inch Cake)
- 1 1½ cups ripe bananas mashed
- 1¼ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1½ cups or 1 box 200g Frosty Whipping Cream Powder
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews roughly chopped
- 1 cup sweetened banana chips roughly chopped
- 8-12 pcs Kisses Ferrero or any available chocolates you have
You also Need:
- 1 8-inch cake board
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease (2) 8-inch pan and line with parchment paper at the bottom. Peel and mash ripe bananas as smooth as you can and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, sift dry ingredients together all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla extract together and mix well until sugar are fully dissolved. Add mashed bananas into your egg mixture and then, add in the sifted dry ingredients and mix until well blended and no lumps.
- Divide the banana batter into (2) 8-inch pans and bang the pan gently on a flat surface to get rid some air bubbles. Bake them for about 28-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean. Fire off, transfer to a cooling rack and let it cool completely before adding any frosting.
- Meanwhile, let’s prepare our frosting and Crumb toppings. In a clean, well chilled bowl, combine whipping cream powder and cold water and let it soak for a couple minutes. Add the vanilla extract and whip the cream until light and aerated. Your whipped cream is ready to use. You can use a piping bag with your favorite icing tip to frost the sides of your cake.
- For the crumbs: In a food processor combine nuts of your choice and sweetened banana chips and pulse until crumbs but not so fine. At this point you can also add a tablespoon of honey if your chips are unsweetened but that’s optional. Transfer in a small bowl and set aside.
- First, we need a cake board at least 2 inches larger than your cake. Using a metal spatula, spread a small amount of frosting into the center of your cake board and place your first layer in the center. Add about 1/3 part of icing on top and cover with your last layer. Frost the top and sides of the cake and chill for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with nuts and chips on the sides, top and decorate with chocolate of your choise. And since there’s a little whipped cream leftover, I decided to decorate the sides and it turned out nice (hehe..)
- And there you go…it’s time to eat and enjoy!
Try this delicious Banana Cake Recipe with Whipped Cream Frosting and Nut n Chips Crumble.