How to cook Chocolate Cake with Mocha Frosting
Do you have a deep love for coffee and desserts? Then the recipe we will introduce to you now is one you will constantly crave for. Chocolate Cake with Mocha Frosting Recipe is a twist of your classic chocolate cake dessert recipe in order to give it that mixture of sweetness and a slight hint of bitter flavor to make the flavors explode in your mouth.
TRIVIA! Do you know that in the past Chocolate wasn’t served in any type of food form, but instead it first started out as just an additional ingredient to a drink that was given to people of high class?
This undeniably decadent dessert will knock you off of your feet! “How is that possible?” you may ask, despite this dessert being a mouthful to say its recipe is actually quite simpler than you can imagine. It is has an uncomplicated recipe that packs a punch.
Read the recipe below, make this yummy dessert and have a well-deserved cheat day with the Chocolate Cake with Mocha Frosting Recipe.
Chocolate Cake with Mocha Frosting by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Chocolate Cake with Mocha Frosting Recipe
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix bake according to package direction & divide the batter into 2 pans.
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup water or milk
- 1/2 cup oil
Mocha Cream Frosting:
- 1 box 200g Frosty Whipping Cream Powder
- 1 sachet 2g Nescafe Classic
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 sachet 2g Nescafe Classic dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water + 1 tbsp sugar (to moisten the cake)
- 6-8 pcs. Ferrero unwrapped halves or whole
- 3 pcs. chocolate flavored Stick-O cut into 2 inches
- 6-8 pcs. White Chocolate covered Almonds “Goya”
- 1 pc. Biscoff Cookie finely crushed (you can crushed graham)
- 1/8 cups melted chocolate for drizzle (optional)
- To Prepare the Cake: Preheat oven to 350F and line the bottom of the pans with parchment paper. Bake the cake according to package direction and divide the cake into two 6-inch round pans equally. Bake the cake as directed and check with a toothpick if it’s done. Fire off, transfer the cake in a wire rack and let it cool completely. And for an easy frosting, wrap each cake with plastic food wrap and chill for about 30 minutes or so, this will help lessen the cake crumbs when you are applying the icing later on.
- To Make the Mocha Frosting: In a mixing bowl, combine frosty whip cream powder, coffee powder, unsweetened cocoa powder and cold water, then whipped until light and double in size.
- To Assemble the Cake: We also need a cake board at least 2-inches larger than your cake. Frost the board at the center with a little frosting and place the first layer of your cake in the center. Drizzle coffee on the about 2 tablespoons just to moistened the cake. Put 1/3 part of mocha frosting on top and spread evenly. Cover it with another cake on top, again drizzled with coffee and spread another 1/3 part of frosting on top and evenly coat the sides of your cake and refrigerate for about 20 minutes. Add the remaining frosting on the sides and design your cake using a decorating comb.
- To Decorate your Cake: Drizzle the melted chocolate carefully on top edges of your cake, if using one (optional). (You can use melted dark or milk chocolate or a chocolate syrup) Decorate your cake with assorted chocolates alternately and add crushed Biscoff Cookie crumbs or Graham crumbs in the center about 3 tablespoons. Refrigerate for an hour and it’s ready to slice and serve.