Last Updated on October 24, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Mango Pizza popular in Guimaras Island
Mango Pizza Recipe – Set aside the “pineapple doesn’t belong in pizza” argument because there’s a new flavor in town that has a flavor profile that blows off the roof of any house.
The province of Guimaras is very famous for its mangoes. Every year they even have a festival dedicated to this fruit, which is why it isn’t a surprise that the locals have also incorporated this fruit into pizza, a dish that all Filipinos love.
Mango Pizza originated in Guimaras province. Yes, it is true. Initially, you might say, “What?! No way!” but hold on! It has come as a surprise to many ‘non-believers’ of the mango on pizza that it tastes better than it sounds. Many have been proven wrong about it.
The different flavors within the pizza plus the different textures that mix into one another make this a local favorite. Plus, it’s pretty easy to make. Try it out for yourself by learning the recipe of Mango Pizza below.
Mango Pizza Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Mango Pizza Recipe
- 115 g pouch Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese or Quick Melt
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts crushed
- 1 large semi-ripe Mango sliced
- 1 8 inch Pizza Dough
- Line baking tray with parchment paper, then place Pizza dough.
- Spread pizza sauce over the crust, then top it with mango slices.
- Sprinkle Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese.
- Top it with green bell pepper and sprinkle with Cashew nuts.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
- Serve while Hot.
Mango Pizza is pretty easy to make, try it out for yourself!
Recommended Pizza and Sandwich Recipes:
- Easy French Bread Pizza Recipe
- Sisig Pizza Pie Recipe
- Mango Pizza Recipe
- Tortang Corned Beef Sandwich Recipe
- Best Egg Salad Sandwich Spread Recipe
- Filipino Beef Burger Recipe
- Spam Egg Salad and Cheese Pandesal Sandwich