Last Updated on July 7, 2016 by Ed Joven
How to cook Peanut Boat Tart
Peanut Boat Tart Recipe is a luscious, crunchy, buttery and creamy dessert. If you are a peanut lover, you must try this! It is incredibly easy to make, quite addicting yet very healthy. Family and friends will surely enjoy this dessert; it is perfect to serve after a meal and can be a tasty snack too!
Peanuts have a variety of health benefits; it has a monounsaturated fat, a type of fat which is a big ally for a healthy heart. It is a good source of niacin, folate, vitamin E, protein and manganese. Eating peanuts lowers the risk of weight gain and it is also rich in antioxidants.
Try this sweet and delicious Peanut Boat Tart dessert, just follow the simple steps below.
Peanut Boat Tart Ingredients:
- 140g butter
- ½ of an egg
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1½ cups plain flour
- a pinch of salt
Peanut Tart Filling:
- 1½ of an egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or corn syrup
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup finely chopped peanuts + extra for toppings
- 3 pcs. Graham crackers, crumbs (optional)
- Colored cellophane, (optional)
Peanut Boat Tart Cooking Instructions:
- In a bowl mix sifted flour, icing sugar, salt, butter and egg until becomes dough and knead.
- Sprinkle some flour to your working area and knead it to form a ball and wrap in a cling film.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 25 to 30 minutes or until it is workable state.
- To make the Peanut filling, combine all the filling ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- When the dough is ready, cut 24 equal portions and flatten each pastry ball on a flour and place each dough on a prepared tart moulds.
- Press dough in the mould by circular motion, using your thumbs then tidy up the edges with your index fingers.
- Prick the dough with fork to get rid air pockets and to avoid the dough from shrinking when baking.
- Prepare the filling and pour about 2/3’s full on each moulds.
- Arrange Peanut Boat tarts on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until pastry turns light brown and filling gets firm.
- Remove tarts from the oven and let it cool completely, before removing from the moulds to prevent from cracking.
- You can wrap in any colored cellophane if desired, or store in an airtight container.
Peanut Boat Tart Recipe is a perfect tasty snack.