Last Updated on October 11, 2023 by Ed Joven
How to cook Spanish Sardines Pasta
Zesty, simple, and delicious, this Easy Spanish Sardines Pasta Recipe is something that any home cook can make quickly. It’s so yummy, and no one can tell that it takes so little time to make! The first step is to prep your pasta noodles in boiling water according to the package instructions until they’re nice and Al dente.
Sardine oil and butter are heated in a pan to form the base of the delicious sauce. Add chopped garlic and diced tomatoes – they’ll create the body of this zesty mix. Add the deboned Spanish sardines once It’s done simmering and break it up into chunks, then toss the pasta in.
Top with parmesan cheese and chopped olives, and parsley. That’s all you need to do, and it probably won’t even take half an hour! Enjoy this tasty dish with toasted, buttered bread – garlic toast, if you have it! Now that’s a hearty meal that your whole family will love.
Ingredients and Procedure of Spanish Sardines Pasta :
Easy Spanish Sardines Pasta Recipe
- 180 g Spaghetti Noodles al dente, cook in 1.2 liters of Water with 1 tbsp. of Salt
- 1 can 555 Spicy Spanish Style Sardines drain & reserve oil
- 3 tbsp Sardines Oil
- 3 tbsp Butter or Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Gralic chopped
- 2 med. Tomatoes diced
- 3 pcs Black Olives sliced (optional)
- 4 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped & extra for Toppings
- 1/4 cup Pasta water
- 40-50 g Parmesan Cheese
~ Prepare Pasta Noodles~
- Boil 1.2 liters of water with a 1 tbsp. of salt over medium heat.
- add 180g pasta noodles & cook for 8-10 mins. or follow the package direction.
- Drain pasta in a colander and rinse.
- Reserve half cup of pasta water.
- Chop 4 cloves of garlic & Parsley.
- Dice tomatoes & slice Black Olives.
~ Let's Cook the Sardines ~
- In a pan heat 3 tbsp. of sardines oil & 3 tbsp. of butter over med. heat
- Add chopped garlic and saute until light brown
- Add diced tomatoes & saute.
- let it simmer until soften.
- Add spicy sardines and remove the bones
- Break sardines into chunks and saute
- Add pasta noodles & toss to coat.
- If pasta is a bit dry you can add 1 tbsp. of butter or olive oil and a quarter cup of pasta water
- Add chopped fresh parsley, parmesan cheese & black olives
- Serve pasta while it's hot!
Spanish Sardines Pasta dish is perfect for a quick and easy dinner, and the flavors of the sardines, onion, garlic and cherry tomatoes combine to create a savory and satisfying meal. You can also add other ingredients to taste, such as olives and capers. Finally, add red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
This Spanish Sardines Pasta Recipe is a great way to enjoy the sardine’s taste in a pasta dish and is a must-try for those who love the combination of seafood and pasta. You can serve it with a green salad for a complete and healthy meal.
Tips for perfect Spanish Sardines Pasta:
- Choose your Spanish Sardines cautiously: Sardines can come in various quality levels. When testing this recipe, I gave several a shot and discovered that, in general, you do get what you paid for. Therefore, I suggest the Victorias Spanish Sardines brand.
- Cook the pasta first: Spanish sardines pasta is one of the quickest pasta dishes. Put the pasta on first, and it will be done by the time you have prepped and cooked the other ingredients.
- Remember to reserve some pasta water: It’s great to have a few tablespoons of the starchy and salty pasta sauce to hand in case additional moisture is required to finish the dish.
This dish is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner and is packed with flavor and nutrition. The sardines provide protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamins and minerals, while the pasta and vegetables add carbohydrates and fiber.
Try Spanish Sardines Pasta for a delicious and healthy meal that will surely please everyone at the table.
Filipino Pasta Recipes:
- Filipino Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Filipino Lasagna Recipe
- Luncheon Meat Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Beef Mushroom Spaghetti Recipe
- Sweet Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Creamy Fettuccine Carbonara Recipe with Mushroom and Bacon
- Filipino Spaghetti Recipe
- Chicken Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Macaroni Fruit Salad Recipe
- Spaghetti Carbonara Recipe Filipino Style