Last Updated on May 23, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to cook Tuna Caldereta
Tuna Caldereta Recipe – When the enhanced community quarantine was announced, most of us rushed to the grocery stores and supermarkets to buy noodles and canned goods. Almost all homes are now stocked with various canned goods since it’s challenging to go to the market to buy meat.
Admittedly, we have canned sardines, corned beef, pork and beans, and Tuna. Even our favorite Pinoy dishes are already in canned goods. Caldereta, a Lutong Bahay favorite, can now be eaten anytime with a canned product.
In every celebration, Caldereta is a favorite dish that needs to be served on the table. It is cooked with goat meat, liver paste, and generous servings of vegetables. Caldereta can also be made from beef, chicken, or pork meat. It’s a healthy and delicious dish that reminds of home with every bite.
This recipe is suitable for those who are stuck in their houses and missing their homes. Reminisce your mother or Lola’s cooking with this easy Tuna Caldereta recipe.
Ingredients and Procedure of Tuna Caldereta:
Tuna Caldereta Recipe
- 2 cans 155g Tuna Caldereta
- 1 large Potato, cut into cubes
- 1 medium Carrots, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/8 cup fresh green peas
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tomato paste (optional)
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine potato, carrots, and water.
- Cover saucepan and let it simmer for 8 minutes or until potato and carrots are tender, or water evaporates.
- Add oil and onion, then add salt and pepper and mix.
- Pour in tomato paste (optional) and century Tuna Caldereta.
- Add remaining salt, then cover and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, green peas, and simmer for another minute.
- Enjoy your Tuna Caldereta!
Tip: You can add a little water if you don't want a thicker sauce.
This healthy dish needs two Tuna Caldereta canned goods. To add more goodness to this dish, you also need potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, and green peas. Onions are being studied for potency to combat the C virus, so you need to add a small piece to this dish. Anyway, you need all these vegetables to boost your immunity and fight the Covid19-Virus.
Since the Tuna Caldereta canned good is already flavorful, there isn’t much to add any more. But if you want to make the sauce thicker, you can tomato paste. You should also try our Homemade Tuna Nachos Recipe, it is a great snack for your family.