Last Updated on May 23, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to make Homemade Tuna Nachos
Homemade Tuna Nachos Recipe – Nachos originally started in Northern Mexico, at the small town Piedras Negras. That’s when Ignacio “Nacho” Anaya invented this crunchy and delicious snack. It all began when he needed to rustle cooking in the Victory Club, Piedras Negras, Mexico, to serve the group of US military wives.
The only ingredients available Ignacio Anaya picked at the time were the grated cheese, jalapeño peppers, and the tortillas. He fried the tortillas, and in the separate bowl, he mixed and cooked the two remaining ingredients. Its taste surprised the curious mind of those people back then. That’s when its popularity spread throughout the country, and eventually, around the world.
As years passed by, a lot of cooking geniuses tried to modify the Nacho recipe. They began to make a variety to create unique but delectable dishes. Today, even Filipinos love to try this delicious snack.
We made this nacho into a Filipino-style that even kids would love to eat. You only need a few ingredients to try this at home. Of course, you can buy nachos of your choice. There are real nachos you can buy in the grocery stores, but Mr. Chips will do it if you want cheaper ones.
The complete ingredients and the quantity for each are at the bottom of this description.
Ingredients and Procedure of Tuna Nachos:
Homemade Century Tuna Nachos Recipe
- 100 grams Nacho Chips Mr. Chips
- 155 grams Century Tuna Flakes in Oil Century Tuna
- 1 pc. Medium Tomato diced
- 1 pc. Medium Onion diced
- 1/2 cup Cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup Cheese diced
- 1/8 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup Chiz Whiz
- Heat the pan and add spicy Century tuna in oil.
- Let it simmer over low heat until the liquid evaporates.
- Transfer in a bowl and let it cool.
- Arrange Chips at the bottom of your serving plate.
- Top it with thinly sliced fresh cabbage.
- Add tomatoes, onions, spicy Tuna flakes, and cheese.
- Drizzle with mayonnaise and cheez whiz on top.
- Now, Homemade Tuna Nachos is ready to serve and enjoy.
The good news is that making this Homemade Century Tuna Nachos is very affordable. You don’t need to buy expensive recipes because all the ingredients are available everywhere. So, the next time you’re thinking about your next snack, don’t forget to try this one.
Trust me, and the whole family will love it!
- Banana Chips Recipe
- Filipino Donut Recipe
- Filipino Coconut Macaroons
- Shakoy Recipe
- Tortang Corned Beef Sandwich
- Guinomis Recipe
- Saging con Yelo Recipe
- Ube Buchi Recipe