How to cook Shakoy
Shakoy Recipe is a native delicacy and an all-time favorite afternoon snack or merienda here in the Philippines. Shakoy is a kind of twisted fried donuts coated with caramelized sugar and also called as “Lubid –Lubid” since it looks like a rope. These fried dough is a very affordable sweet treat often sold by street vendors and bake shops.
You may serve this with chocolate syrup paired with a cold beverage or even with hot coffee for breakfast. Shakoy have two versions, there’s the hard and crunchy and the softer one. Here is how to make this delightful Shakoy Recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose flour plus a little extra for dusting
- 3/4 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Canola oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup white sugar
Shakoy Cooking Instructions:
- Using a large bowl sift All purpose flour, add salt and yeast then mix very well.
- Make a well at the middle and pour the water then mix until it forms a dough.
- On a clean surface sprinkle flour and knead the dough until it becomes smooth then form a ball.
- In case the dough is still too sticky all you need is to add a little flour, then knead more until you get to the right consistency.
- In another clean bowl, grease it with oil, place the dough on it and cover with clean cloth and let it rest for 1 hour, this process will double the size of the dough.
- When the dough rises, punch down and knead then cut in your desired sizes.
- Roll the dough into a long stick and from a twist.
- Place the shakoy dough on a baking tray and cover with a clean cloth and let it rest for one hour to rise.
- In a large frying pan heat Canola oil in a medium heat, drop the shakoy dough in batches and fry until the color becomes golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels, drop in a bowl of sugar and roll.
- Coat Shakoy evenly and shake off the excess white sugar.
- Best Served with Coffee.
Shakoy Recipe is one of the popular Filipino afternoon snacks or merienda.
Shakoy Recipe ,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Adobong Tanigue sa Gata Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>