How to cook Pinoy Style Beef Burger
Filipino Beef Burger Recipe – Every day we are bombarded with adverts from TV, billboards, radio and even on the Internet. About how good the commercial burgers are, but the real homemade beef burger is still the best.
In this Pinoy Recipe, we will be sharing you a healthy and yet yummy Filipino Style Beef Burger. We suggest that you choose lean-ground beef to avoid the fatty parts of the meat, make sure to get a finely ground meat to prevent crumbling during cooking. We also added a bit of water to the mixture to ensure that the patties stay deliciously moist as they cook to well done.
This juicy Filipino style Beef Burger hold a melted mozzarella and cheddar cheese surprise for each satisfying mouthful. Serve with lettuce, tomato slices, and onion rings. You can also add your favorite toppings like crunchy bacon, fried egg, caramelized onions or just hot sauce.
Keep your family happy with these budget-friendly Beef Burgers with cheese – ready in just 38 minutes. The best thing about this burger is, it is awesomely delicious, and you can freeze the leftovers.
Learn how to cook a tasty Filipino Beef Burger Recipe step-by-step with just simple ingredients.
Filipino Beef Burger Ingredients and Cooking procedure:
Filipino Beef Burgers Recipe
Beef Patty Recipe:
- 1 lb 454 g lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp 25 mL water
- 1/4 cup 50 mL dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion grated
- 2 tsp 10 mL Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL salt
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns halved
- 1 large onion sliced into rings
- 4 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 small sized cucumber
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese optional
- Healthy Mayonnaise
- Prepare all your ingredients before you begin. In bowl, beat egg and water with fork; mix in bread crumbs, onion, mustard, salt, Worcestershire and pepper.
- Mix with your hands until evenly combined. Shape into four 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties.
- Place the patties onto a tray lined with- grease proof paper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to rest.
- Chilling the patties will help them hold together when cooked. This also allows the flavours in the patties to blend and develop. If you chill the patties for any longer, increase the cooking time slightly.
- ( For Make-ahead Beef Patties : Cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours. Or layer between waxed paper in airtight container and freeze for up to 1 month; thaw in refrigerator.)
- Heat half the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat and cook half the patties for about 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Transfer the patties to a plate, set aside and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining oil and patties.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the hamburger buns, cut-side up, under the preheated grill and toast for 1 minute or until golden. Leave the grill on.
- Top the bottom halves of the toasted hamburger buns with the patties and then the cheese slices. Return the bottom bun halves under the grill for 1 minute or until the cheese is just melted.
- Top each with the sliced tomato, tomato sauce and shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion rings, sprinkle with salt and pepper and then cover with the hamburger bun tops.
Recommended Recipe Video:
This easy Filipino Beef Burger Recipe has perfect homemade patties topped with melted mozzarella and cheddar cheese for a satisfying mouthful.