Last Updated on
How to make Sisig Pizza Pie
If sisig and pizza are two of your favorite food, why not have both?
The wonderful world of fusion cooking brings us sisig presented differently on the buttery goodness of Italian crust and cheese.
For those unfamiliar of sisig, it is a Filipino dish made from chopped pig ears and cheeks usually seasoned with vinegar and calamansi juice. ‘Sisig’ originated from a Kapampangan word which means to make a salad from unripe fruits like green papaya or guava with a simple salt and vinegar dip. But that was the ’70s. Today, it is often served in hot plates and is a much loved partner of beer in the Philippines.
Just like any other pizza, this requires a pizza crust. Use sisig as toppings, along with lots of cheese.
Sisig Pizza Pie is something that will be appreciated not just by sisig lovers but by everyone looking for a whole new twist to the much beloved pizza.
Make. This. Sisig Pizza. Now.
Learn how to make Sisig Pizza Pie from our video :
Sisig Pizza Pie Recipe by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Sisig Pizza Pie Recipe
- 2 pcs. pre-baked pizza crust 10 inches
- 1/2 cup sweet style pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 6 pcs Quail eggs hard-boiled then cut into 2 pieces
- 1 pc small Red Bell pepper sliced
- 1 pc small Green Bell pepper sliced
- 1 pc White onion sliced into rings
- 100 grams SISIG get the Pork Sisig recipe here
- 3 tbsp chopped scallions
- Preheat the oven to 480.
- Place the pizza dough in a flat surface then spread the pizza sauce equally over the dough.
- Grate the Mozarella Cheese and spread.
- Spread the Sisig over on top of the pizza sauce with cheese.
- Arrange the red and green bell peppers, then the onion and sliced eggs on top.
- Place the pizza in the oven then Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and pizza dough is toasted on the side.
- Remove from the oven and slice.
- Serve with Iced Tea or with your favorite Soda drink.
Sisig Pizza Pie Recipe is an example of fusion of Filipino and Western cuisine, give it a try and you will surely ask for more…