How to cook Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
A delicious yet convenient breakfast meal to cook that fills up the hungry tummies of your family. A casserole is a French cuisine that consists of a large, deep dish used both in the oven and as a serving bowl. And for today’s recipe what we have is a combination of two classics, Ham and Cheese.
Who doesn’t love the classic combo of Ham and Cheese? Ham gives you protein and iron while having low fat content. While Cheese gives you a dose of calcium and zinc. Cheese is a dairy product so if your children don’t enjoy drinking milk, for sure they would enjoy this. And the best part about a casserole is that the prep time doesn’t take too long and once you place it inside the oven you even get time to clean up, watch TV, or maybe even sleep.
This Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe is amazingly delicious, easily chewable that just melts in your mouth combined with that savory cheese.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole by Pinoy Recipe dot net:
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 5 cups cooked penne rigate or elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 250- gram Cooked Ham sliced into half inch squares
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 10.5- oZ. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine .
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 tsp. dried oregano flakes
- 1-1/2 taps. salt
- Butter a 4-Quart ovenproof baking dish, then set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together pasta, ham, breadcrumbs, cheese, bell pepper, green peas and onions.
- In another bowl combine milk, eggs, cream of mushroom soup melted butter, spaghetti sauce, oregano flakes and salt.
- Pour into pasta mixture and mix well.
- Transfer into a buttered baking dish
- Bake in pre-heated 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole Recipe is a delicious and easy to cook dish that family and friends will love and perfect for Christmas holidays and Family gatherings!