Last Updated on February 3, 2019 by Ed Joven
How to cook Beef Mushroom Spaghetti
Beef Mushroom Spaghetti Recipe is a is a fantastic way to get more mushrooms into your diet. This yummy heart healthy pasta dish with the sauce made with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, ground beef and cheese.
Your family won’t even notice the mushrooms chopped up and combined with the meat in this great, Beef Mushroom Spaghetti budget-friendly meal. You can add some bell pepper and other veggies to make it chunkier. Another delicious recipe from Pinoy Recipe at Iba Pa.
Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Beef Mushroom Spaghetti Recipe
- 1/2 kilo lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 200 g button mushrooms stems trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup of dry red wine
- 1 x 800g can Italian diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1/2 kilo whole wheat spaghetti
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan or Cheddar cheese shavings
- In a large saucepan heat the oil over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion for 5 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Increase heat to high and add the ground beef to the saucepan. Using a wooden spoon, break up the lumps and cook for 5 minutes or until well browned.
- Add and stir in the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until they soften slightly. Add the red wine to the beef mixture and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add and stir the tomatoes, bay leaves, and tomato paste into the beef mixture. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the sauce reduces and thickens to a good sauce consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, or until al dente. Drain well.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Place the spaghetti amongst the serving bowls and spoon the sauce over.
- Top with the parmesan or Cheddar cheese shavings and serve immediately with toasted bread.
This Beef Mushroom Spaghetti is so yummy your family will surely enjoy, great for any occasions
Other Filipino Pasta Recipes: