Last Updated on October 19, 2020 by Ed Joven
How to cook Rellenong Alimasag
Rellenong Alimasag Recipe or stuffed crabs dish is the Pinoy version of Stuffed Crabs. The tricky part in preparing this dish is collecting the meat from the crab shells and claws, including meat from the legs. The collected meats are then sauteed and stuffed to the crab-shell.
This cooking method is also popular during festive events as preparation can be so intricate as it’s messy and time-consuming, you have to extract all the meat from the crabs. The good news is, crab meat is now available in supermarkets.
I love crabs, and I am fascinated by the presentation of Rellenong Alimasag (Stuffed Crab). Above all, I couldn’t resist the tasty filling stuffed inside the beautiful crab shells.
Rellenong Alimasag Recipe Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Rellenong Alimasag Recipe (Stuffed Crabs)
- 5-6 pieces Alimasag, big variety, boiled
- 2 tbsps. cooking oil
- 1 cup potatoes, boiled and diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- 1 piece long red chili, siling pansigang, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs to coat
- 2 cups Canola cooking oil for deep frying
- Scoop out all alimasag meat and reserve empty shells.
- In hot oil, saute tomatoes and onions
- Add potato and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the Crab or alimasag meat and long red chili then cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix well and remove pan from flame. Cool.
- Brush a little beaten egg into each crab shell.
- Once the mixture cools down, combine it with breadcrumbs and eggs, mix it well.
- Pack the crab shell with cooled stuffing.
- Heat oil for frying then deep fry the stuffed crab shells
- Keep the shell bottom up while frying.
- When done remove from pan and drain.
- Serve hot with Rice.
Recommended Recipe Video: Chili Mud Crab Recipe
Those who like the taste of crabs will surely enjoy eating this Rellenong Alimasag. Try it, this is the perfect dish to serve for lunch or dinner!
Filipino Crab Recipes:
- Chili Mud Crab Recipe
- Adobong Alimango Recipe (Stewed Mud Crabs)
- Filipino Crab and Corn Soup Recipe
- Crispy Crablets Recipe
- Crab Meat Guisado Recipe
- Easy Crab Cakes Recipe
- Ginataang Alimango Recipe
- Halabos na Alimasag Recipe