How to cook Rellenong Alimasag
Rellenong Alimasag Recipe or stuffed crabs dish is the Pinoy version of Stuffed Crabs, the difficult part in preparing this dish is collecting the meat from the crab shells and claws including meat from the legs.
But now you can buy crab meat in the supermarkets. The collected meats are then sauteed and stuffed to the shell.
Rellenong Alimasag Recipe Ingredients and Cooking Procedure:
Rellenong Alimasag Recipe (Stuffed Crabs)
- 5-6 pieces alimasag big variety, boiled
- 2 tbsps. cooking oil
- 1 cup potatoes boiled and diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 medium onion minced
- 3/4 cup tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic diced
- 1 piece long red chili siling pansigang, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs to coat
- 2 cups Canola cooking oil for deep frying
- Scoop out all alimasag meat and reserve empty shells.
- In hot oil, saute tomatoes and onions
- Add potato and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the Crab or alimasag meat and long red chili then cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix well and remove pan from flame. Cool.
- Brush a little beaten egg into each crab shell.
- Once the mixture cools down, combine it with breadcrumbs and eggs, mix it well.
- Pack the crab shell with cooled stuffing.
- Heat oil for frying then deep fry the stuffed crab shells
- Keep the shell bottom up while frying.
- When done remove from pan and drain.
- Serve hot with Rice.
Rellenong Alimasag Recipe is the Pinoy version of Stuffed Crabs and those who like the taste of crabs will surely enjoy eating this Rellenong Alimasag try it, this is the perfect dish to serve for lunch or dinner!