How to cook Chili Mud Crab
The Chili Mud Crab Recipe is a delectable seafood dish that will always leave you craving for more. You’ll eat more than your usual serving of rice once you get to taste it.
The name instantly gives you a clue. Yes, this is a delicious mud crab dish cooked with chili sauce. Originating from Singapore, this recipe will blow your taste buds away – especially if you are someone who loves all things spicy.
Of course, some would argue that crab meat tastes exactly like lobsters. Still, I stand by my claim that mud crabs actually taste much better because they are sweeter. So although it does take some effort to pluck the meat out of its shell, crabs are still awesome.
Additionally, medical experts agree that crabs bring us several health benefits. It contains omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA as well as selenium, and zinc. Crab decreases your blood pressure level, safeguards you from heart diseases, and boosts your immune system. It’s even ideal for diabetics since its chromium helps lower blood glucose levels.
So without further ado, here are the instructions for the amazing Chili Mud Crab Recipe. If you’ve always wanted to try your hand at cooking this recipe, here’s how:
Learn how to cook Chili Mud Crab from our video :
Chili Mud Crab Recipe by Filipino Recipes Portal:
Chili Mud Crab Recipe
- 1 Kilo Mud Crab Alimango, cut in half
- 3 pieces Red chili sliced
- 4 tbsp Tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp Patis Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp Canola cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 thumb sized ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 pcs scallions thinly sliced crosswise
- Clean and cut the Mud crabs in half.
- Heat a cooking pot and pour the cooking oil
- Add in the pan the garlic, then saute.
- Add the ginger, crushed red pepper and continue sauteing
- Add the Mud crab (Alimango) and cook for 4 minutes
- Add the hoisin sauce,sweet chili sauce, tomato sauce, fish sauce,and sesame oil then mix with the other ingredients
- Pour the water and bring to a boil then simmer until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from fire and place on a serving dish then garnish with green onions on top.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Try this delectable seafood dish Chili Mud Crab Recipe.