Last Updated on
Simple but scrumptious Halabos na Alimasag
Halabos na Alimasag Recipe is one of the special dishes of the Filipinos. The crabs are cooked by steaming the crabs with its own juices to bring out the natural sweet taste. With the help of little water and salt, the flavor of the crabs is not overwhelmed.
The vibrant red color of the crabs are perfect for a feast. Halabos na Alimasag is best eaten with bare hands. Feel delighted as the dish is served with vinegar garlic dip with hot chili peppers. Since the dish indicates a grand meal, you will have to watch out for your cholesterol level.
Halabos na Alimasag Ingredients:
- 1 kilo fresh green or blue crabs, washed and cleaned
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/8 cup vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 pc Siling haba (birds eye chili), sliced (optional)
How to cook Halabos na Alimasag :
- Remove all the dirt from the crab and wash thoroughly, drain and keep aside.
- In a large skillet or Wok pour the water, add in the garlic and the crabs.
- Season with salt then cover the skillet or Wok and bring to a boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and keep pot covered for about 5 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients of the dipping sauce in a small saucer.
- Serve the Halabos na Alimasag with dipping sauce.
Halabos na Alimasag is best eaten with bare hands and served with vinegar garlic dip with hot chili peppers.