Last Updated on March 16, 2018 by Ed Joven
How to cook Adobong Alimango
Filipino Adobong Alimango Recipe or Mud Crabs Adobo is a delectable Pinoy dish made of mud crabs, mud crab Aligue, fish sauce, calamansi, garlic and pepper.
The secret in making this Adobong Alimango very delicious is by extracting the Aligue or the crab fats, then marinate it for a few minutes in calamansi juice and fish sauce. The rest of the crab is sautéed in garlic. To be sure that you are buying fresh Alimango (Mud crabs) just get the live ones then cook as soon as possible.
Adobong Alimango Ingredients:
- 4 Alimango (mud crabs)
- 1/4 cup olive oil or ordinary cooking oil
- 1 whole garlic, the cloves must be peeled and crushed
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1/3 cup calamansi juice or lemon juice
- Freshly grind Pepper
- 1/2 cup fish sauce
Adobong Alimango Cooking Instructions:
- Clean crabs thoroughly
- Cut the Alimango (Mud crabs) into half, then remove the yellow mud crab fat and set aside.
- Marinate fat in calamansi juice and fish sauce.
- With Oil in a frying pan or Wok, Saute garlic for about 1 minute.
- Add the Alimango (Mud crabs) and stir until almost reddish in color.
- Blend the reserved yellow mud crab fat with calamansi juice and water until smooth.
- Pour into the frying pan or wok and season with pepper.
- For about 10 to 15 minutes simmer over medium heat until crabs are fully cooked,
- Serve Hot with Rice