Last Updated on June 1, 2014 by Ed Joven
How to cook Crab Meat Guisado
Crab Meat Guisado Recipe is absolutely a must try dish to serve for the whole family, particularly for those who love seafood, this dish is just perfect for you. Eating crab meat is good and beneficial to one’s health; it contains some fat, though it is unsaturated fat which is considered to be healthy for the heart.
It is also low in calories and has omega-3 fatty acids, which may help improve the memory, decrease the risk of cancer and having a heart attack, other health benefits you may get from eating crab meat includes vitamins A, C and the B vitamins and minerals such as copper and zinc.
Crab Meat Guisado Recipe is very easy to prepare, here in the Philippines, “guisado“ is a cooking process which simply means “sauté”, which in this recipe all you have to do is to sauté the crab meat along with its ingredients.
Crab Meat Guisado Ingredients:
- 1/4 kilo crab meat
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 cup red bell pepper, Julienne cut
- 1 cup carrots, Julienne cut
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 pc siling labuyo (optional)
- 1 large chayote (sayote), cored and Julienne cut
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and pepper
Crab Meat Guisado Cooking Instructions:
- In a large pot, saute the garlic and onion
- Pour the 1/2 cup water and add the crab meat, chayote, carrots, siling labuyo and bell pepper, then bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are cooked
- Add the oyster sauce, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Dilute the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of water then pour mixture in the pot. Mix well.
- Serve hot with Steamed rice.
Crab Meat Guisado Recipe is very easy to prepare and very flavorful, give it a try!