Last Updated on July 10, 2016 by Ed Joven
How to cook Crab Cakes
The Filipino Style Crab Cakes Recipe is no doubt flavorful and luscious. With its delectable blend of crabs, mayo, bread crumbs, eggs and other ingredients, you’ll get to experience of what seafood and fantastic meal really is.
Aside from its heavenly taste, you can get a breeze of health with the crab cakes recipe. Knowing crabs, they contain a lot of nutrients such as Vitamins A, B and C that is good for the body.
More so, you can serve this Easy crab cakes on every day dinner or special occasions. Cooking procedure is way too easy even for a novice in the kitchen. Besides, making such recipe is quite fulfilling.
Filipino Easy Crab Cakes Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo fresh crab meat (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise – lite
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Several drops hot pepper sauce
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. dry mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cracker crumbs ( you can use Skyflakes ) or bread crumbs
- 5 tbsp Canola Oil
- 2 tomatoes and scallions for garnish
Filipino Easy Crab Cakes Cooking Instructions:
- Drain crab meat and flake with a fork, picking out any shell or cartilage.
- Put crabmeat in a bowl. Add the mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper, green onions, dry mustard, pepper and salt.
- Blend in the egg whites. Shape into 4 cakes about 4 inches across, you can use a heart shape cookie cutter to shape your crab cakes.
- Place cracker crumbs on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll crab cakes in crumbs, making sure both sides are coated.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat, add Canola Oil
- Add crab cakes and cook 5 minutes. Turn and cook 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes and scallions.
- Serve hot.
You can serve this Filipino Easy crab cakes on every day dinner or special occasions.
This Filipino Style Crab Cakes Recipe contains a lot of nutrients such as Vitamins A, B and C that is good for the body.