Last Updated on March 4, 2021 by Ed Joven
How to cook Chicken Popcorn
Chicken Popcorn is made of small pieces of chicken meat coated with flour and then deep-fried for a crunchy, brown texture. This easy-to-cook recipe is one of the favorite snacks in many Filipino households. You can dip it in different sauces, including mayonnaise and cheese. So, are you ready to try our chicken popcorn recipe?
You can enjoy different flavors for every crunchy bite for dipping sauce such as ranch, sweet and sour, honey mustard, and barbecue sauce. So there are plenty of options to enjoy your chicken popcorn with your chosen sauce. The secret to this delicious snack is in the coating, frying time, and heat of the oil. You can double coat your chicken slices with all-purpose flour to make them even crunchier.
The more coating you do, the more crispy and popcorn-like looking the result becomes. Also, the oil shouldn’t be too hot when you fry your chicken popcorn. Medium heat will help prevent toasting or burning your chicken while leaving it partially cooked inside.
Generally, frying time may take up to 5 minutes or more depending on how thick the cut it.
Chicken Popcorn Ingredients and Procedure:
Popcorn Chicken ala KFC
- 1/2 kilo Chicken Fillet
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Large Egg
- 3/4 cup Crispy Fry
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Corn Starch
- 1 liter Oil for deep frying
- Place chicken in a bowl. Add salt, ground black pepper, chili powder, minced garlic and crispy fry. Mix well.
- Add egg and mix. Marinate for 10 minutes and let the chicken absorb the seasonings.
- In a dish combine crispy fry powder, flour and cornstarch and mix well.
- In a frying pan, preheat the oil over medium heat.
- Drench chicken slices into the breading mix and shake off excess flour.
- It's time to fry, in small batches, fry it to avoid chicken from sticking together and steaming.
- Cook until lightly brown, remove and drain in paper towel.
- We're done for 1st frying, rest for a few minutes.
For 2nd frying:
- Fry chicken popcorn over high heat.
- Cook until golden brown & crispy, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the pot and drain in paper towel.
- Chicken popcorn is best paired with Beer.
To make your Chicken Popcorn, the ingredients you need include chicken fillet, corn starch, all-purpose flour, crispy fry, garlic, and red chili. This snack tastes like the one from your favorite fast food, but on a more affordable budget. Check out this recipe and prepare some delicious merienda for your kids and the family.
Everyone will surely love this savory snack and even want more!