Learn how to cook Pancit Miki Guisado
Pancit Miki Guisado Recipe is an adaptation from the Chinese noodle cuisine. The word pancit derives from the Hokkien language pian i sit which means something conveniently cooked fast. Pancit Miki is the generic name for fresh egg noodles. It is sold in a variety of sizes, thin, medium and thick; flat or rounded.
Pancit Miki Guisado is one of the most famous dishes in Filipino cuisine, it is usually served with bread and even with rice. This recipe is actually a complete meal, the main ingredient is the noodle made out of rice, it contains vegetables, prawns, chicken or pork.
On celebrations such as birthdays, the traditional belief as they say, that this dish must be on the table because it represents long life and good health. Here’s how to cook this mouth watering Pancit Miki Guisado Recipe, the easiest way.
Pancit Miki Guisado Ingredients:
- 1/2 kilo Pancit Miki noodles
- 1/4 kilo pork belly, sliced
- 2 pieces boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- Canola cooking oil
Pancit Miki Guisado Cooking Instructions:
- Heat Canola oil in a large wok.
- Add the pork belly and chicken then stir-fry until it is golden brown.
- Add onions then cook until it becomes soft.
- Add sesame oil, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and oyster sauce then saute for 6 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, cauliflower and carrots then cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add the miki noodles, toss and mix well with all the ingredients then cook for another 2 minutes.
- Off the heat, then transfer to a large serving plate.
- Serve with Rice or Hot Pan de Sal
Pancit Miki Guisado Recipe is one of the most famous dishes in Filipino cuisine, usually served during birthdays.